Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

Oyibo

LE
Can you do a venn diagram showing the correlation between lack of self confidence & support for remaining in the EU?

Seems to me there'd be a near 100% overlap.

A quick stab at that (can I say 'stab'):

1550235156454.png

Edited to add another member of the forum

Attachments

Last edited:
Rather than go on, I'll just quickly copy and paste from the comments, it's easier....

Inflation down below 2% today despite brexit,
wages rising above 3% despite brexit,
exports are soaring despite Brexit,
state spending deficit falling despite brexit,
unemployment falling despite brexit,
employment at record levels despite brexit,
FDI the highest in Europe despite brexit,
but keep on Project Fearing for all you're worth.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Rather than go on, I'll just quickly copy and paste from the comments, it's easier....

You might also like to add that the German economy has also seen lower growth than previously, being the worst figures in five years. That must be down to them wanting to leave the EU.

Poor old Skidders; battered down by unpalatable truths.
Funny how he has failed to respond to my tearing apart his silly claims from yesterday.

Oyibo

LE
Whilst amusing, it's inaccurate in that the overlap between Fear of the unknown & the EU should be much closer to a total eclipse.
I'd also rename the former as Lacking in self confidence.
IMO many remainers in the UK do lack self-confidence and fear change. but to put 'lacking in self-confidence' within the EU circle would be wholly wrong: The EU suffers from hubris, not a lack of self confidence. To wit:

1550266889509.png

The U.K. is a keystone nation. If you drift apart from Europe we will follow.

The other skeptical EU countries are watching to see how the breakup goes. The EU knows this and it scares them.

Half of America is pretty content to remain disillusioned with the world. 1/4 wants to conquer it and 1/4 wants to be like Europe.
I have a Romanian working for me at the moment, he's strongly pro Brexit
So are the Polish girls in the office next door to me.

He is much of the opinion that half of europe is watching the UK's departure from the EU with serious thoughts about following
From what he was telling me Romania's primary interest is NATO and its protection from Russia. The EU gives them money and access to the west but nothing else.

IMO many remainers in the UK do lack self-confidence and fear change. but to put 'lacking in self-confidence' within the EU circle would be wholly wrong: The EU suffers from hubris, not a lack of self confidence. To wit:

View attachment 377961
I see you're attuned to the Remain/Ditherer thought processes to an extraordinary degree. :mrgreen:

He is much of the opinion that half of europe is watching the UK's departure from the EU with serious thoughts about following
The reason why the EU will make it as hard as possible for the UK. To set an example. No one likes a divorce, especially when you are the ones who dropped the "I want this to end" sentence.

The reason why the EU will make it as hard as possible for the UK. To set an example. No one likes a divorce, especially when you are the ones who dropped the "I want this to end" sentence.
Cheers, Trig. Welcome to two and a half years ago.

Indeed.
My Romanian seems well educated and informed. His sister lives in Holland and has done for some time, he is convinced that many in Holland are simply waiting for us to break ground on ditching the EU with a wide desire to do the same.
Given the yellow jacket riots continuing to be a weekend sport in France it appears to me that the EU are not going to be able to keep a lid on continent wide populist movements to leave the EU.

My mother recently moved back from Spain, her Spanish friends tell her that the widespread view there is that Brexit spells the end of the great EU project. They are Cataln rather than Spanish so that may present a different opinion to the Spaniards

You might also like to add that the German economy has also seen lower growth than previously, being the worst figures in five years. That must be down to them wanting to leave the EU.
Oh dear, maybe all those doctors, engineers and scientists are not paying their way after all?.

Indeed.
My Romanian seems well educated and informed. His sister lives in Holland and has done for some time, he is convinced that many in Holland are simply waiting for us to break ground on ditching the EU with a wide desire to do the same.
Given the yellow jacket riots continuing to be a weekend sport in France it appears to me that the EU are not going to be able to keep a lid on continent wide populist movements to leave the EU.

My mother recently moved back from Spain, her Spanish friends tell her that the widespread view there is that Brexit spells the end of the great EU project. They are Cataln rather than Spanish so that may present a different opinion to the Spaniards
The EU slipped it's moorings the moment it wet beyond a trading bloc and started to morph into a superstate run by an unelected clique in Brussels.

That was the time to get out.

The EU should go back to being a trading bloc and nothing else.

Latest Threads