Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

The other three quarters don't have passports so can't be arsed and I don't blame them.. :cool:
I don't have one anymore. One day I will get it renewed but that will be in the future.

Europe is a pretty pricey place to go to and be treated like shit. I can get the same experience at one of the local strip clubs...

Did you miss Thatcherism? She sold 'em off, the continentals didn't.
Nope. Hated that she sold the family silver. Hate also that we can't buy it back but the Frogs, Krauts and Belgys can.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't have one anymore. One day I will get it renewed but that will be in the future.

Europe is a pretty pricey place to go to and be treated like shit. I can get the same experience at one of the local strip clubs...
Unless the local strip clubs also call you names and ogle your wife, the two experiences are not the same.

Nope. Hated that she sold the family silver. Hate also that we can't buy it back but the Frogs, Krauts and Belgys can.
But Corbyn's assured us that the morning after his party wins a majority of seats in a GE he'll be renationalising everything, including the air we breath and the pots we piss in, so never fear!

Would this be the same Royal Mail that was privatised on the orders of the EU? Would this be the same British postal market that was ordered to be opened by the EU so that Dutch and German companies could cherry pick the most profitable parts for themselves while Royal Mail still had to provide a universal service?
There are some seriously misinformed people on this thread.
We can, we choose not to. If you've ever voted Tory in the past 20 years, I have more than once, you're partially responsible. It's precious little to do with the EU that the UK is vehemently anti public ownership.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The UK will be a case study, that is for sure. But at least in the end you will have your sovereignty, that won't be dictated away piece by piece by the EU. The problem with Europe is that they really love Big Government.
Look at the battering going on at Westminster at the moment. All the brexiters are freaking out because we’ve chosen to use the wrong of sovereignty. It never went away, Westminster chose not to exercise it until now when it’s almost too late. Europe never impeded us in any way in our foreign or domestic policy.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you sure you have been to one here before?? Half of those girls on the poles are BI's...and they will beat the ever loving hell out of you whilst you pay for it.
I did go to strip club in Soho once. I was 15 and we were on a school trip to the National Gallery and other art galleries in the area, but a few of us slipped away.

The experience was salutary. I handed over a £10 note for a glass of filthy white wine and the dubious privilege of sitting with a skanky lass. No nakedness occurred. I was then presented with a bill for £50 and was chased out when I revealed my age and that I had no credit cards or other cash.

Never been tempted back to one since, not tempted by 'professional ladies'. This was long before pole-dancing became a thing.

BIs? Biology Intellectuals? Basil Infusers?

Last edited:
I did go to strip club in Soho once. I was 15 and we were on a school trip to the National Gallery and other art galleries in the area, but a few of us slipped away.

The experience was salutary. I handed over a £10 note for a glass of filthy white wine and the dubious privilege of sitting with a skanky lass. No nakedness occurred. I was then presented with a bill for £50 and was chased out when I revealed my age and that I had credit cards or other cash.

Never been tempted back to one since, not tempted by 'professional ladies'. This was long before pole-dancing became a thing.

BIs? Biology Intellectuals?
BI is a bisexual.
The bigger the "tip" the better the trick is expected from the entertainer.

If it is a bachelor's party and they think you are the one getting married you get ritual ass beating and those chicks can be mean. But some are still pretty alluring if you don't mind getting hit with your own belt and drug across the stage...

Look at the battering going on at Westminster at the moment. All the brexiters are freaking out because we’ve chosen to use the wrong of sovereignty. It never went away, Westminster chose not to exercise it until now when it’s almost too late. Europe never impeded us in any way in our foreign or domestic policy.
Ok let's try it like this. Europe wants your money in the collective pot, they give no fucks about you. You are a cash cow to be milked, because some members need propping up.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Ok let's try it like this. Europe wants your money in the collective pot, they give no fucks about you. You are a cash cow to be milked, because some members need propping up.
Great story if it were true. We pay money as part of a membership fee, single market, customs union. Huge trading partner.
While we were there we engaged in decision making, had a say in what was going on and on big decisions were always welcomed at the top table.

We had opt outs, rebates and could involve ourselves in or out of whatever we saw fit.
We didn’t pay extra when someone needed baling out, nor did we have to join a European army or adapt their currency.

If we chose to lend another country money, we could do so. They paid us back at market rates.

There’s what the Eu cost us. Brexit, the last two years has cost us more
5D52E216-84B6-4C20-A566-BCA2AAC9D1C9.png

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Great story if it were true. We pay money as part of a membership fee, single market, customs union. Huge trading partner.
While we were there we engaged in decision making, had a say in what was going on and on big decisions were always welcomed at the top table.

We had opt outs, rebates and could involve ourselves in or out of whatever we saw fit.
We didn’t pay extra when someone needed baling out, nor did we have to join a European army or adapt their currency.

If we chose to lend another country money, we could do so. They paid us back at market rates.

View attachment 377814
Life must be so much easier through your glasses.

1550179043502.jpeg

The UK's EU membership fee

In 2017 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.
Each year the UK gets a discount on its contributions to the EU—the ‘rebate’—worth about £5.6 billion last year. Without it the UK would have been liable for £18.6 billion in contributions.

Not far off. And you wonder why we want to leave.
I don’t wonder why.

I do try to balance the pros and cons of said endeavor, and try to figure out which is the best option.

But I will also point out that you are just as divided as we are over here.

Leave won by a **** hair, so I would not exactly call that a national mandate. Which should factor into the planning for said event.

In Hick terms you have to ponder which course of action is going to suck the least amount of shit. Then Cowboy the **** up and make it happen, and not look back or think about the would haves, could haves, or should haves.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Life must be so much easier through your glasses.

View attachment 377816

In 2017 the UK government paid £13 billion to the EU budget, and EU spending on the UK was forecast to be £4 billion. So the UK’s ‘net contribution’ was estimated at nearly £9 billion.
Each year the UK gets a discount on its contributions to the EU—the ‘rebate’—worth about £5.6 billion last year. Without it the UK would have been liable for £18.6 billion in contributions.
You think I’m some sort of hippy. But it’s kind of you to ask. Life’s tolerable at the moment. Thanks for asking.

View attachment 377814
How much is the 1.1% in cash?

View attachment 377814

That figure seems very optimistic in your pie chart.

Brexit won't be cheap, divorces never are at least initially.

But hey say you get something like 300 million pounds back per week. You could throw another 20 percent at the defense budget, 20 percent at the national debt and then send the rest to the social services/welfare fund.

View attachment 377814
As you like pie charts I knocked up a couple of them for you based on @Sadurian 's figures. What do you think is the similarity between the two?

1550180282885.png