Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

The class based thinking really throws me at times. The Bus is just another means to an end and a useful tool for those who don’t have a vehicle.
I've been on the bus in Albuquerque, lovingly know as FART* due to it's bloody dire service & what the buses smell of due to the demographic who mostly use them.

*F***ing Albuquerque Rapid Transit
1550165391855.gif
- officially they miss off the F.

I think the privatisation of our rail transport, power and water had more to do with ideology than any thought of appeasing Europe.

Our steel industry is a weird one. The eu wanted to do something about the dumping of Chinese steel, it was Cameron prevented a euro wide stop to that one.....which led to Port Talbot and Tata.
Love you dearly though I do, that's not a view with which I can agree based on extensive reading over 40 years, and experience in the Defence Industry.

You know from the outsider looking in, all Tusk needs to do is just mail you folks some rope. You will do the rest for him. Divide and Conquer. I fail to see the peacekeepers, who will be able to work with both sides to pick up the pieces.
It’ll only be the rope he’s putting off for himself. You really should watch Inside Europe. Much as it’s not fashionable to say this, at least Britain is having a robust chat with itself as to the EUropean project.

That's not entirely true. Have you seen the state of the jobs out there. Have you looked at a high street and counted the number of empty shops. There's a government directive which includes people in work when they're working 1 hr. That's classed as employment.

If we have all this full time employment, why the food banks, the tax credits and the amount of money spent in housing benefit. If we as a country are doing so well, why is the tax take so low.

We should be swimming in spare cash, yet we aren't. There's two or three reasons, most of the jobs are low paid and not paying tax. Brexit is an expensive commodity to run and what cash we have is probably being hoarded to pay for the next bribe or 'I didn't think of that'
Then there's the lost business rates and taxes as people get sent to work elsewhere.

There today another Cambridge computing outfit, relocating to outside the UK.
A brexiter advised the owner when he broke the news that 'Problems create opportunities, don't avoid them, own them'.
The response 'Yes, great opportunity to create a business outside the U.K.'

Public revenue isn't at an all time high. If it was we wouldn't need the European and foreign money to fund the big projects.
Crossrail and that huge hospital in Birmingham is being paid for by European money and HS2 seems to have gone quiet.

Next time you're in anything reminiscent of civilisation. Ask yourself, does this place look like its booming?
It's hard to know where to begin as there's so much wrong in that post.

1) it's how employment is classed & has been for some time.

2)High streets are dying not because of brexit but because of the internet & the ease of shopping thereon.
I have more than 20 years expertise of owning running retail businesses, so yes; i do know what I'm talking about.

3)Offer people free food & some will grab it, whether or not they need it & there's a degree of virtue signalling involved in the creation & running of food banks.
The tax take isn't low; it's the highest it's ever been as a gross figure & the highest as a percentage of GDP since the last century.

4)Stop making stuff up. All the above is verifiable fact,

While the eu decided that our water should be similarly foreign owned along with our power.
To be fair, when the Tories privatised our strategic utilities they retained a "golden share" to ensure that control did not fall to foreign powers or unscrupulous overseas asset-stripping venture capital types.

Then Gordon came along and scrapped the golden share and now a lot of the "taps and switches" are under foreign control, more or less.

Brown may have been acting under Europhile Tone's orders, Brussels' orders, having an eye (ba-doom, tish!) on the EU rule on state monopolies or merely furthering his reputation of being not so much an "economic colossus" as a colossal tit.

Who knows...?!

It’ll only be the rope he’s putting off for himself. You really should watch Inside Europe. Much as it’s not fashionable to say this, at least Britain is having a robust chat with itself as to the EUropean project.
Europe is falling apart. We just can’t be bothered to give 4/5 of a **** about the Continent.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Love you dearly though I do, that's not a view with which I can agree based on extensive reading over 40 years, and experience in the Defence Industry.
Hell no, not arguing with you. But the privatisation of the Utes and withdrawal of the state involvement always struck me as more dogma than appeasing Europe.

As for anything on defence procurement. I'll happily sit that one out and listen.

Last edited:
Exactly, which is why Brussels is flapping like a tattered windsock. They realise that once the UK leaves, all the other disillusioned countries will follow.
The U.K. is a keystone nation. If you drift apart from Europe we will follow.

The other skeptical EU countries are watching to see how the breakup goes. The EU knows this and it scares them.

Half of America is pretty content to remain disillusioned with the world. 1/4 wants to conquer it and 1/4 wants to be like Europe.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
It's hard to know where to begin as there's so much wrong in that post.

1) it's how employment is classed & has been for some time.

2)High streets are dying not because of brexit but because of the internet & the ease of shopping thereon.
I have more than 20 years expertise of owning running retail businesses, so yes; i do know what I'm talking about

3)Offer people free food & some will grab it, whether or not they need it & there's a degree of virtue signalling involved in the creation & running of food banks.
The tax take isn't low; it's the highest it's ever been as a gross figure & the highest as a percentage of GDP since the last century.

4)Stop making stuff up. All the above is verifiable fact,

Ok I'm in a benevolent mood, you're right. After all. Can't argue with verifiable facts. So an hour a week is gainful employment. And people are starting food banks for scammers to make them feel better about themselves. That makes sense.

This full employment of which you speak almost 40% part time jobs. Low investment in key areas. Low productivity, despite all this employment and it's the worst decade for wage growth since the middle of the 19thC.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer

The other skeptical EU countries are watching to see how the breakup goes. The EU knows this and it scares them.

Half of America is pretty content to remain disillusioned with the world. 1/4 wants to conquer it and 1/4 wants to be like Europe.
I can see the other sceptical eu countries looking at brexit and thinking. No we'll try something that works.

At least they know how it shouldn't be done.

Just like the railways. Why is it, do you think, that Deutsche Bahn, a state-owned company, is allowed to own UK rail franchises, but no UK state owned company may do so?

EU rules pertaining to subsidy from the state have fecked our steel industry, railways, postal service, utilities from water to power, and from my own personal experience, Defence Contracting .
Did you miss Thatcherism? She sold 'em off, the continentals didn't.

I can see the other sceptical eu countries looking at brexit and thinking. No we'll try something that works.

At least they know how it shouldn't be done.
The UK will be a case study, that is for sure. But at least in the end you will have your sovereignty, that won't be dictated away piece by piece by the EU. The problem with Europe is that they really love Big Government.

The other three quarters don't have passports so can't be arsed and I don't blame them.. :cool:

Did you miss Thatcherism? She sold 'em off, the continentals didn't.
You obviously missed the post above stating that the government retained a golden share in privatised industries( which one Gordon Brown did away with), so undermining the rationale your post.

Latest Threads