Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
And Robbins, who’s out there negotiating, caught saying that he fully expects the Eu to agree to a delay.
Yet May states there has been no discussion of a delay.

Somebody’s fibbing.
I'm not sure why you believe that. Robbins expects that the EU will agree to a delay. No problem, that's his expectation. May states there has been no discussion on a delay. No problem, the negotiations haven't begun.

I expect that I will die before I reach one hundred years of age, but I am not currently actively in the process of dying (except through natural decrepitude).

I expect that asking a women to strip naked and dance for me in the middle of Tescos will result in a slap and police involvement, but I am not current in Tescos nor talking to any women.

There is no disconnect and no necessity for lying.

Irn Bru is Scottish, nobody else in Britain would have the degenerate taste buds required to make it a national drink. There is a well supported theory that it was invented by a kilt wearing Scotsman who had drunk his mate's bottle of beer when the aforesaid pal was trying to order a fish supper. Realising the bottle was now empty, the first Scot quickly pissed in the bottle to top it up again.

You must bear in mind that these people blow into cats for musical enjoyment and can only operate when they have lowered to below 50% the level of blood in their alcohol stream.

For the love of all that is holy, don't be tempted to try their foul piss-stained brew.
Irn Bru

A few years back my ancient father took a bad turn and ended up in intensive care with little prospect of survival.

After consultation with the professionals, we turned his life support gubbins off.
He was then on dialysis for a week, the professionals said he isn't gong to make it, so we turned off the dialysis.
A week after that father said he knew what he needed, Irn Bru and Andrews Liver Salts.
The professionals (ie the consultant) said that would kill him, but he only had a few days in him anyway so if he wants it let him have them. So I did

He lived another two years.

Irn Bru, tastes like shit but defies medical science. I won't have a word said against it!

I am honestly trying to find some online store, that deals in Brit foods so I can create a little international treat basket for the kids. Tomorrow I get my bounty, and some exotic foreign stuff sounds rather nice.

Bacon & Bangers - Wise Choice British Foods, Gifts & Candies

Let the good times roll!
Try Marmite. Got the Ffroggies, Canucks and others at work gagging into their cheeseburgers when I slap the stuff onto a slice of toast. Bovril even better when you tell them it's remarkably similar to the protein foam fire retardant base product the firefighters use in their trucks.

No clue. Los Yanquis think it's gravy and seem to like it on scones. They also put syrup on bacon so there's definitely a couple of dry joints in their wiring.

I am honestly trying to find some online store, that deals in Brit foods so I can create a little international treat basket for the kids. Tomorrow I get my bounty, and some exotic foreign stuff sounds rather nice.

Bacon & Bangers - Wise Choice British Foods, Gifts & Candies

Let the good times roll!
Laver bread (Bara Lawr) is a must.
Served with proper thick-cut back bacon - none of this wafer-thin stuff you can read the paper through .

Well you need to accept the results, then. That's how these things work here.
Fixed for those readers who are from countries which do not respect democracy or the rights of the people, funny how most of those countries which do respect people's rights happen to be English speaking, isn't it?

In Europe the plebs get to vote, provided they vote the right way of course. If the wrong result arises then they have to vote again until they get the right one.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not sure why you believe that. Robbins expects that the EU will agree to a delay. No problem, that's his expectation. May states there has been no discussion on a delay. No problem, the negotiations haven't begun.

I expect that I will die before I reach one hundred years of age, but I am not currently actively in the process of dying (except through natural decrepitude).

I expect that asking a women to strip naked and dance for me in the middle of Tescos will result in a slap and police involvement, but I am not current in Tescos nor talking to any women.

There is no disconnect and no necessity for lying.

Ok, best of luck with your hopes and expectations, all everyone else has to do is wait until the end of March.

No clue. Los Yanquis think it's gravy and seem to like it on scones. They also put syrup on bacon so there's definitely a couple of dry joints in their wiring.
I've seen them pour syrup over fried potatoes as well as the fried eggs & bacon (or what passes for bacon) on their plate.

It’s now accepted by most intellectual Americans that stopping Suez was strategically stupid and kickstarted the rise of Islamic fundamentalism.

Not only that but their sheer hypocrisy in this action the UK took to defend a vital pipeline for UK & indeed most of Western Europe's trade with the East, especially oil. Shown up as soon as a Panamanian nutter threatened their interests in the Panama Canal, they piled in without a seconds hesitation.

For my sins I seem to be getting lots of Irish television current affairs programmes appearing in my YouTube feed. They seem to be split into two types.

Type one, local panellists discussing Brexit and blaming it on English Nationalism. English Nationalism being a bad thing (as opposed to what? Irish Nationalism?). If the attitude of the panellists in any way reflects Irish or EU public opinion then this alone was ample reason to vote Leave.

Type two, local interviewer interviews a Brexiteer. Usually ends up with the interviewer whining "but you didn't think of us". Sadly I've yet to see a Brexiteer reply "Why should we? You're a foreign country."

D

Deleted 24582

Not only that but their sheer hypocrisy in this action the UK took to defend a vital pipeline for UK & indeed most of Western Europe's trade with the East, especially oil. Shown up as soon as a Panamanian nutter threatened their interests in the Panama Canal, they piled in without a seconds hesitation.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.history.com/.amp/topics/cold-war/suez-crisis

It does appear you decided not to keep the United States informed of your plans. So you had to go to Dentention.

For my sins I seem to be getting lots of Irish television current affairs programmes appearing in my YouTube feed. They seem to be split into two types.

Type one, local panellists discussing Brexit and blaming it on English Nationalism. English Nationalism being a bad thing (as opposed to what? Irish Nationalism?). If the attitude of the panellists in any way reflects Irish or EU public opinion then this alone was ample reason to vote Leave.

Type two, local interviewer interviews a Brexiteer. Usually ends up with the interviewer whining "but you didn't think of us". Sadly I've yet to see a Brexiteer reply "Why should we? You're a foreign country."
Given how much is at stake for Ireland, I imagine some creative editing occurred before airing. At the moment the focus is on how much Ireland is being disadvantaged by Brexit. The much bigger picture of how flawed the EU is and the issues that led to Brexit appear to have been kicked in to the long grass.

D

Deleted 24582

That was very mature of the US.
I don’t think Ike was in the mood to clean up your mess, he did have to prevent the Soviets from getting involved. You were disrupting the post war plans of courting smaller countries and trying to keep them from going to the Soviet sphere.

He might also have taken it as a personal snub.

Either way, without firing a shot he solved the problem.

Latest Threads