Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

A reminder that you’re a sock puppet: did you forget?

It just means he’s starting to evolve and now believes his own backstory.

@Cloth bomber is a truly remarkable example of an AI logarithm [sic] developing qaulia. Perhaps he’ll evolve into one his self-driving cars.

Last edited:

ugly

LE
They certainly are something of the sort.
I disagree, they are closer to the new labour model than the Thatchers conservatism we all lived through!

ugly

LE
I had two really good job offers yanked because of it. Pardon the pun and my bitterness.
I have lost work and contracts thanks to politicians failing to honour promises or in the case of fatty two jags even turning up in time to sign off the transport and works order putting back ten years our work and ensuring we all left for other places.
Its life. I see job offers disappear all of the time, if they wanted you they wouldn't be worried about Brexit. I'd say at the moment withdrawn offers are HR testing the market and building up a bank of interviews, not to mind the dopes will lose their interview notes and ask you to go through it all again!

I disagree, they are closer to the new labour model than the Thatchers conservatism we all lived through!
They've had more the further right in their cabinet, who have more influence in the party.

They happen to have a crap leader.

ugly

LE
They've had more the further right in their cabinet, who have more influence in the party.

They happen to have a crap leader.[/QUOTE]
No disputing the bold but can you send key settings for the rest?
Compating them to traditional conservatives is patheric, there are very few right wingers, proper right wingers in the Tory party now than were in New Labours cabinet!

D

Deleted 158059

Just in case, this shows his arrogance runs in the family

I presume that you have all seen this family , but I am making sure that you know the one in uniform is his grandfather and the other is Donald Tusk .
Do you hold him responsible for his grandfather's actions?

I think I know the answer

They happen to have a crap leader.
Normally the cream should rise to the top. Parliament is a den of mediocrity, and the result is Shiote is floating at the top of all parties. The U.K. Is not alone, here.

I have been trying to tell folks the alarm is being sounded over here. Brexit has the potential to hurt Americans as well, and when that happens Uncle Sam might take a more hands on approach rather then the hands off observer.
The alarm is being sounded because, to be blunt, American business is culturally risk-averse and scared of anything new, different or that it doesn't understand.

I would not attach any importance to "advice" from US companies.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
I don’t see to many businesses wishing to expand, or take any risks at the moment. Capitol preservation is key.
There seem to be no end of small businesses explaining how they need to open a European office to deal with Europe for when we leave. That's expansion eight away.

You are of course making the classic mistake that PMTM will still be PM when you (USA) deign to hold trade talks.
True I thought she was safe for a year!? But your political rules and process are hard to follow. You need a Clifts notes for Septics so those of us not in the State Department can follow along.

The alarm is being sounded because, to be blunt, American business is culturally risk-averse and scared of anything new, different or that it doesn't understand.

I would not attach any importance to "advice" from US companies.
Yes many are risk adverse these days. It’s how some stay around. The death of the retail sector is a constant reminder around here. They are the first to go in slowdowns.

But that does beg the question, how are the brick and mortar stores doing in the U.K.?

ugly

LE
True I thought she was safe for a year!? But your political rules and process are hard to follow. You need a Clifts notes for Septics so those of us not in the State Department can follow along.
The PP, parliamentary party can challenge the PM within the party, she has just survived one challenge and a no confidence vote which oddly had she not thrown away most of her majority would possibly have been even closer. As no one actually knows when or even if trade talks post Brexit will start and end I suspect even with a given fixed stand down (she voluntarily committed to standing down as PM as part of the sweetener for her own MP's) the chance of her still being around when deals are struck are fairly chuffing slim. Who wants to deal with a lame duck?

ugly

LE
But that does beg the question, how are the brick and mortar stores doing in the U.K.?
Difficult to tell really, Grocers are plugging away trying to get us in the doors whilst facing competition from the Germans. Traditional high streets are gone. Long gone.

The PP, parliamentary party can challenge the PM within the party, she has just survived one challenge and a no confidence vote which oddly had she not thrown away most of her majority would possibly have been even closer. As no one actually knows when or even if trade talks post Brexit will start and end I suspect even with a given fixed stand down (she voluntarily committed to standing down as PM as part of the sweetener for her own MP's) the chance of her still being around when deals are struck are fairly chuffing slim. Who wants to deal with a lame duck?
A lame duck might be more pragmatic and easier to deal with then somebody, fresh off the campaign trail. As long as it is not a JC type we will figure things out.

But at times it would be nice to not have an orange magnet, and more or less some quiet geek. Wyoming sends serious, out of the spotlight folks to DC. The Trump types are shunned here, so our people get things done. No hype just work.

replacing one partner which whom we have the actual ties through the history with someone whose bitch we were in last world war isn't really a good deal. On the contrary- it's a rather bad deal.
Despite they speak language similar to ours, they don't think like we do. And monolinguism is something that we should take no pride of.
And what exactly do we have in common historically with the Europeans? Other than their being our direct enemies and competitors. They have no history of English Democratic freedom as they're used to dictators, absolute monarchs and communists. Our future should lie with the Anglosphere.

And what exactly do we have in common historically with the Europeans? Other than their being our direct enemies and competitors. They have no history of English Democratic freedom as they're used to dictators, absolute monarchs and communists. Our future should lie with the Anglosphere.

Proper goosetepping far right fascist dictatorships only died out in the 70's in Europe

We had Roderic Spode, the Europeans had gas chambers

To be fair, the phot needs some context....

Józef Tusk - Wikipedia

A member of the Kashubian minority, Józef Tusk was born in Gdańsk (Danzig, German Empire) to Józef Tusk (1870–1910)[1] and Augustyna Tusk (née Adamczyk; 1870–1962).[2]He became a citizen of the Free City of Danzig after World War I and worked for the Polish railway in the Free City.[3][4] He became a member of the Polish Secret Military Organization (Tajna Organizacja Wojskowa, TOW), which prepared behind-the-lines operatives in case of the war. On 1 September 1938 Tusk was placed in the position of the telegraphist in the Danzig (Gdańsk) railway station. It is likely, but not confirmed, that he had been working with the Polish intelligence services.[5] On 1 September 1939, when Germany invaded Poland, the Free City of Danzig was incorporated into the German Reich and the citizens of the Free City became German nationals. Tusk was assaulted in his house in the morning, and later witnessed German arrests of Poles at the railway station, and the Defence of the Polish Post in Danzig.[5]

Józef Tusk reported the assault to Danzig police, and was subsequently arrested as a Polish activist, described as a "Polish fanatic, dangerous to the security of the German State"; his family on the same day was evicted from their house.[5] Tusk was a forced laborer working in the construction of the Stutthof concentration camp[5][6] In 1941 he was interviewed by Gestapo and imprisoned in Neuengamme concentration camp.[7] On 26 August 1942 he was released from Neuengamme.[7]

On 2 August 1944 Tusk was conscripted into Wehrmacht, into the 328. Grenadier-Ersatz- und Ausbildungsbatallion (328th Grenadier Replacement and Training Battalion).[7][8][9]After about four months, around 24 November 1944 or soon afterward, he either deserted, defecting to the Polish Armed Forces in the West, or was imprisoned in an Allied prisoners-of-war camp.[10][11]

Józef Tusk returned to Sopot, where his family moved to, in the People's Republic of Poland, in mid-October 1945.[11] According to his family and friends, he never spoke much about his wartime history.

He sounds OK to me.

Latest Threads