Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

I'd rather join uncle Sam than the euro. We've far more in common, speak English and we'd be the dollar gateway to Europe for trade.
replacing one partner which whom we have the actual ties through the history with someone whose bitch we were in last world war isn't really a good deal. On the contrary- it's a rather bad deal.
Despite they speak language similar to ours, they don't think like we do. And monolinguism is something that we should take no pride of.

Then why are American companies planning for the impact of a disorderly Brexit? If everything was assumed to go off without a hitch, they would not be wargaming worst case scenarios.

Businesses do not like global instability. Europe is falling apart, you folks are going to Brexit one way or another, and in case you forgot we are engaged in an economic fight with China.
Your spaz leaders spats with China have no relevance to the subject at hand. Your businesses are about to be on a level playing field with the EU (worst case scenario) in a decent sized market. If your business leaders are too thick to sieze that opportunity then god help em going toe to toe against the ChiComs.

A child in primary one. Are you as dim as that fat mess?
Dunno. I was just wondering what a 'primary one' child is? Perhaps if you'd be so kind as to stop talking in coded language, I might be able to understand your post.

It's the Scottish term for Reception class, aka 1st year infants. It also isn't counted in "Years", which is why 1st year at secondary school is now Year 7 instead of Year 8.
They still have formal schooling? I thought under Krankie junior it was simplified to claymore practice and bizarrely blue cam cream application.

No worries. I did wonder though why a well travelled man of the world and pro European would use such a parochial term that is only understood by 10% of the UK population?
I've never heard of that expression before. And my two youngest kids are 10 and 7 years old.

They genuinely don't care or don't actually realise what it will mean. Some actually think that Trump will be our bezzie mate and give us a good deal "because."
And others think that the EU actually love the UK. And want us to be members, rather than understanding that the EU only want our money.

They genuinely don't care or don't actually realise what it will mean. Some actually think that Trump will be our bezzie mate and give us a good deal "because."
Trump will use you if you have value.
Ignore you when don’t have anything to offer, and throw you under the bus when he needs to save his own ass.

Trade agreements mean both sides have to make concessions, but if as you have mentioned your on the ropes the concessions might be a bit more one sided.

We are not talking about selling a Sig to your sibling, and taking a 300 dollar loss. Because we don’t profit from friends and family. We are talking international business where the bottom line is what counts.

Trump will use you if you have value.
Ignore you when don’t have anything to offer, and throw you under the bus when he needs to save his own ass.

Trade agreements mean both sides have to make concessions, but if as you have mentioned your on the ropes the concessions might be a bit more one sided.

We are not talking about selling a Sig to your sibling, and taking a 300 dollar loss. Because we don’t profit from friends and family. We are talking international business where the bottom line is what counts.
Didn't certain so-called left wing commentators also say that Ronnie would abuse his relationship with Maggie, in order to further US interests?
Yep. Because that happened. Didn't it?

Yes, but on their terms not yours.

All this talk about money just reminds me it is 12 more days until pay day...
Jonesy, what you fail to understand is that the UK is currently being led by a 'so-called' conservative government, when in actual fact, they are nothing of the sort mate.

Didn't certain so-called left wing commentators also say that Ronnie would abuse his relationship with Maggie, in order to further US interests?
Yep. Because that happened. Didn't it?

I would not place Ronnie or Maggie in the same current political class, that we have now. Both had duties to look after their own countries interests first and foremost. I am sure they had some sharp conversations in private. However they also managed to keep the relationship cordial and productive. Trump and PMTM would use it as punching bag to distract from domestic issues. I mean who does not like hating on Johnny Foreigner? It is way more fun then tackling the problems at home.

Jonesy, what you fail to understand is that the UK is currently being led by a 'so-called' conservative government, when in actual fact, they are nothing of the sort mate.
Oh I understand the oxymoron. But they are IMO better than a Corbyn led government.

I take your ideals of conservativism with a pinch of salt, just like you should take my ideas of a liberal government the same. The political spectrums we adhere to are pretty far apart.

Oh I understand the oxymoron. But they are IMO better than a Corbyn led government.

I take your ideals of conservativism with a pinch of salt, just like you should take my ideas of a liberal government the same. The political spectrums we adhere to are pretty far apart.
Jonesy, I would rather this country remains a member of the EU, than see JC as PM.

I would not place Ronnie or Maggie in the same current political class, that we have now. Both had duties to look after their own countries interests first and foremost. I am sure they had some sharp conversations in private. However they also managed to keep the relationship cordial and productive. Trump and PMTM would use it as punching bag to distract from domestic issues. I mean who does not like hating on Johnny Foreigner? It is way more fun then tackling the problems at home.
Spacker as Trump is even he would realise the starting point is the status quo. So no deal better than a bad deal would actually be the case.

Latest Threads