Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

This made me laugh, especially the comment:

Donald duck says their is a special place in he'll for the people that promoted brexit. All I can say is he'll must have got an extension built because it was full to the brim with Donalds Nazi relatives

Oxygen_Thief

On ROPS
On ROPs
Except of course that in the run up to the referendum, every Brexiteer including all the so called hard liners were proclaiming loudly from their soap boxes that of course a deal would be done with the EU. We are a huge market for the EU! They will go out of their way to ensure that they can continue selling their goods to us!

Those that said the EU would stuff us on any proposals for a trading deal were robustly put down as cowardly, ill informed and extremely stupid.

Funny how all that's been forgotten!
To be fair though, your first paragraph is still very much true. The problem is the politicians want to punish us, much of EU industry would like a deal for those very reasons above as they exist to make money, not to form a supra-national body.

The EU is acting like a noisy and frightened little poodle, barking furiously trying to convince itself its a Rottweiler
I don't disagree but my point is still accurate. The voting public were either intentionally misled or the referendum remainers weren't the stupid one's in the debate.

But it wasn't. For many, many months now the UK Plc narrative has been that there would be a deal.
Maybe a case of the blindly optimistic leading the blind. The EU have done everything in their power to prevent a planned and sensible withdrawal. You only have to look at their previous form to understand how they'd deal with this negotiation. It was in both parties' interest to negotiate sensibly, we tried - they just kept saying NO. Entirely predictable. They also have to deal with us going forward and it's their poison that's souring the relationship, not ours.

I don't disagree but my point is still accurate. The voting public were either intentionally misled or the referendum remainers weren't the stupid one's in the debate.

Which bit of 'I hate the EU and want out' do you Remainers struggle with?

Of all the negatives, remain stated would occur immediately after an out vote, how many actually happened?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
This made me laugh, especially the comment:

Obviously panicking and deeply fearful about the EUs future. He’s realised that they need us more than we need them.

Ah yes our Sammy from the people who gave you this.
BE1E978C-42A0-4BDF-A74A-3BC5DD09D76B.jpeg

Edit may contain sarcasm

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Some of us interpreted the rhetoric as meaning that a deal would be sought, not that a deal would be guaranteed. What is often lost is that 'No Deal' is still a deal, albeit one that the EU do not want. They want the UK to remain part of the EU both to prop up the EU's internal economy and to lend the whole enterprise credence.

Leaving with 'No Deal' simply means that we are in the same position as we were before joining - able to make our global trading and laws deals free from EU legislation.

Some of us interpreted the rhetoric as meaning that a deal would be sought, not that a deal would be guaranteed. What is often lost is that 'No Deal' is still a deal, albeit one that the EU do not want. They want the UK to remain part of the UK both to prop up the EU's internal economy and to lend the whole enterprise credence.

Leaving with 'No Deal' simply means that we are in the same position as we were before joining - able to make our global trading and laws deals free from EU legislation.

Correct: No deal is actually ;'No deal with the EU'

NOT the other 85% of global trade.
\

What, specifically, were voters misled about?
I'm quoting from my memory but It's common knowledge. Just Google the Referendum leave campaign material and public speeches by leading brexiteers and fill your boots.

SmithSid

Old-Salt
We will only have been mislead if the Remoaners in anyway don't give us the Brexit we the majority voted for:

1549464889818.png

We voted to "Leave the European Union" - we didn't vote for a deal - it wasn't even on the ballot paper.

Very few indeed, as for the Euro Army they said wouldn't happen - that's now happening.
Be fair they're also now denying they ever said an EU Army would ever happen as well

Oxygen_Thief

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'm quoting from my memory but It's common knowledge. Just Google the Referendum leave campaign material and public speeches by leading brexiteers and fill your boots.
no thanks, Id rather you gave the specifics of your assertion so we can discuss them.

Telling me to have a general google about stuff that Brexit campaigners said is ridiculous.

Effectively, youre admitting to having no valid point, no evidence and no idea what youre talking about.

We were misled by the taxer payer funded Pro EU leaflet sent to everyhouse hold, when we asked about whether we should be lied to and have to pay for an EU propaganda leaflet?

When Cameron asked Obama to lie and say we'd be at the back of the cue on trade negotiations, was that not misleading to the British public

What about the still ongoing Project Fear campaign of lies designed to manipulate people's opinions, don't you think that misleads the British public?

Latest Threads