Tusk Shows His Impartiality and Diplomacy

F*ck him and all his ilk.
Arrogant dick, some Tory woman on the beeb just now pointed out that he's not a British politician, far less did anybody here vote for him. Yet this git thinks he can lecture us?
Steam coming out of my ears now, I'd best go.

So beloved in his own counrty of Poland, they voted against him in the EU Presidential elections.

So beloved in his own counrty of Poland, they voted against him in the EU Presidential elections.
I bet they're not so keen on a German led EU army either

A planned and orchestrated sound bite.

In fairness to Tusk, and missing from the hyperlink, he's complaining about no-plan, hard-exit Brexiteers in this case. With which I fundamentally agree.
If it had been made clear from the start we'd leave on WTO terms because there was never any hope of gaining "a deal" from an intransigent EU, no Leaver would have changed their allegiance. Tusk suffers from little man syndrome and believes he's a great leader within Europe. Good luck with that when EU GDP is cut by 15% and his pox-ridden country has to start digging into their own pockets to support his expansionism.

If it had been made clear from the start we'd leave on WTO terms because there was never any hope of gaining "a deal" from an intransigent EU, no Leaver would have changed their allegiance. Tusk suffers from little man syndrome and believes he's a great leader within Europe. Good luck with that when EU GDP is cut by 15% and his pox-ridden country has to start digging into their own pockets to support his expansionism.
Poland has no voice, and no say in the matter, it's not like they would be allowed to leave the EU now that ever closer union is being sped up

Oxygen_Thief

On ROPS
On ROPs
In fairness to Tusk, and missing from the hyperlink, he's complaining about no-plan, hard-exit Brexiteers in this case. With which I fundamentally agree.
Hard Brexiteers have a plan, its no-deal and WTO rules.

You (and the EU) just dont like it and wont accept it. Hence all the hyperbole in the media.

Clearly, there isnt going to be a huge amount of detail on activities post-hard brexit (if it occurs) as the Government and EU (effectively the Remain camp) have done absolutely everything possible to prevent detailed and sensible planning.

Also, Hard Brexit is just Brexit, 'soft Brexit' isnt a Brexit at all. The language is deliberate to steer people towards a deal which suits remainers.

Last edited:
If it had been made clear from the start we'd leave on WTO terms because there was never any hope of gaining "a deal" from an intransigent EU...
But it wasn't. For many, many months now the UK Plc narrative has been that there would be a deal.

I think it's an entirely warranted, but rather melodramatically put, observation. Unless we're spectacularly vindictive, I don't think even a Brexiteer was voting for 'leave and royally fcuk the EU over in the process' version of Brexit. But no-deal is tantamount to that.

We're going to have to live with the EU in the future, regardless of whether we are in it or not. No deal poisons the EU relationship for decades...

Oxygen_Thief

On ROPS
On ROPs
But it wasn't. For many, many months now the UK Plc narrative has been that there would be a deal.

I think it's an entirely warranted, but rather melodramatically put, observation. Unless we're spectacularly vindictive, I don't think even a Brexiteer was voting for 'leave and royally fcuk the EU over in the process' version of Brexit. But no-deal is tantamount to that.

We're going to have to live with the EU in the future, regardless of whether we are in it or not. No deal poisons the EU relationship for decades...
No deal is due to a bullying vindictive EU, the UK has tried to be accommodating (too accommodating in my opinion).

At all stages the EU refused to negotiate in good faith (and there are several quotes to back this up)

You are correct though, I didnt vote Brexit to punish the EU at all, however now I think they deserve everything they get. Their behaviour has been nothing short of outrageous.

Hard Brexiteers have a plan, its no-deal and WTO rules.

You (and the EU) just dont like it and wont accept it. Hence all the hyperbole in the media.

Clearly, there isnt going to be a huge amount of detail on activities post-hard brexit (if it occurs) as the Government and EU (effectively the Remain camp) have done absolutely everything possible to prevent detailed and sensible planning.
Except of course that in the run up to the referendum, every Brexiteer including all the so called hard liners were proclaiming loudly from their soap boxes that of course a deal would be done with the EU. We are a huge market for the EU! They will go out of their way to ensure that they can continue selling their goods to us!

Those that said the EU would stuff us on any proposals for a trading deal were robustly put down as cowardly, ill informed and extremely stupid.

Funny how all that's been forgotten!

Except of course that in the run up to the referendum, every Brexiteer including all the so called hard liners were proclaiming loudly from their soap boxes that of course a deal would be done with the EU. We are a huge market for the EU! They will go out of their way to ensure that they can continue selling their goods to us!

Those that said the EU would stuff us on any proposals for a trading deal were robustly put down as cowardly, ill informed and extremely stupid.

Funny how all that's been forgotten!

The EU is acting like a noisy and frightened little poodle, barking furiously trying to convince itself its a Rottweiler

Latest Threads