Turnover in Bn's

I know the Army is well recruited at the moment but is there a high turnover rate in Infantry Bn's. Are alot of lads getting out after doing an Afghan tour ? I know from talking to friends in my old Bn that they have no problem replacing guys that leave but the turnover amongst the private soldiers is quite high.

I don't have exact figures, but I'd estimate that on each tour between 30% and 40% of a battalion are new lads.

That would sound about right from what friends tell me. Quite a high turnover.

Just as an aisde the average time spent in the Infantry is less than 4 years. That is less than the minimum contract, which goes to show how much turn over there can be.

Z

Zarathustra

We have a company where only the hierarchy and a handful of LCpls and blokes have been on tour before, it is quite literally a company of crows. It's a similar scene across the Bn as well.

We have a company where only the hierarchy and a handful of LCpls and blokes have been on tour before, it is quite literally a company of crows. It's a similar scene across the Bn as well.
I thought all the Guards Bns had been on tour a fair bit...

Z

Zarathustra

I thought all the Guards Bns had been on tour a fair bit...
Some have done more than others, the Irish did a few tours of Iraq as did the Scots Guards, the Grenadiers are currently training for their fifth tour in six years.

So the Q has to be asked why is it such a high turn over?
There are a few major points that I can see, the main being people not wanting to do another Herrick.

Grenadiers... You didn't clean very well on H11... reshow H16. I want to see this sh1t hole gleaming, gleaming, gleaming.

So the Q has to be asked why is it such a high turn over?
Too much bullshit. A lot of the senior toms / JNCOs I speak with are trying their hand at CP work after signing off. Mazur's figures match up with the volume of fresh meat we receive yearly from ITC (almost a whole new battalion worth of bodies spread among 5 every year).

Hasn't CP work dropped quite a bit in terms of payments? Quite a few of my mates on FB now do CP and I'm quite sure towards the end of 2006/07 a lot of ex soldiers from the Balkans (as in Bosnians, Serbs etc) jumped on the band wagon. My old door work boss did some CP and his brother was till active in 2009, but said the rates had dropped from $500 per day (2003) to about $300-$350 per day by 2009.

P

PrinceAlbert

I know the Army is well recruited at the moment but is there a high turnover rate in Infantry Bn's.
I always put it down to the head chef over ordering on the puff pastry. This always leads to an excess supply, and what's better than a nice warm Apple turnover?

It also provides a good amount of energy.