Turnover in Bn's

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Bondi-Babe-Magnet, Nov 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know the Army is well recruited at the moment but is there a high turnover rate in Infantry Bn's. Are alot of lads getting out after doing an Afghan tour ? I know from talking to friends in my old Bn that they have no problem replacing guys that leave but the turnover amongst the private soldiers is quite high.
  2. I don't have exact figures, but I'd estimate that on each tour between 30% and 40% of a battalion are new lads.
  3. That would sound about right from what friends tell me. Quite a high turnover.
  4. Just as an aisde the average time spent in the Infantry is less than 4 years. That is less than the minimum contract, which goes to show how much turn over there can be.
  5. We have a company where only the hierarchy and a handful of LCpls and blokes have been on tour before, it is quite literally a company of crows. It's a similar scene across the Bn as well.
  6. I thought all the Guards Bns had been on tour a fair bit...
  7. So the Q has to be asked why is it such a high turn over?
  8. Some have done more than others, the Irish did a few tours of Iraq as did the Scots Guards, the Grenadiers are currently training for their fifth tour in six years.

There are a few major points that I can see, the main being people not wanting to do another Herrick.
  9. Why? Do you think the PT is too hard?
  10. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Because blokes are getting £6000 a month on CP.
  11. Retention actually went up in 3 PARA after H4 and H8. Many are getting out now after H13 though I'd say 80% of them to do security work.
  12. If they did it nice, they wouldn't do it twice. Last time I went to Bastion there was dust everywhere.
  13. I live to swab...
  14. Grenadiers... You didn't clean very well on H11... reshow H16. I want to see this sh1t hole gleaming, gleaming, gleaming.
  15. We'll probably do the HO/TO for our forth tour as well.