Turnkeys, gaolers, prison officers and screws

The following is a screen shot of a post from a FB group called 'Know the Danger'.
They are a forum that dedicates itself to Prison Staff, supposedly to highlight the dangers that Prison Officers face, however they allow ex cons on to their forum.
Amongst most Prison staff, they are a source of embarrassment and redicule.
However, said screen shot highlights what is a daily occurrence in prisons up and down the country.
I draw your attention to the last paragraph in particular.
View attachment 442983
I'd like to be surprised. But I'm not in the slightest.
The scumbag who almost killed an Officer at my jail attempted the same thing at a different jail the following day.

I'd like to be surprised. But I'm not in the slightest.
The scumbag who almost killed an Officer at my jail attempted the same thing at a different jail the following day.
What a surprise. Not!

Steve Gillian from the POA was on the BBC news earlier today saying he's lucky it's not a murder we're talking about.
I'd imagine we soon will be.
Why the hell are management so scared??
They aren't scared mate. They just come from the same school as the rest of the public sector headshed come from.
The school of woke liberalism.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Because the cünt has now become untouchable. Staff will now not dare to handle him with anything other than kid gloves. Not because officers would be afraid of him, but simply because the fücking SMT will be petrified of what a few liberals say.
Look at the way that the officers who had to restrain one of Lee Rigby's killers were thrown to the wolves.
Staff are genuinely terrified to challenge bad behaviour by cons, because they know that management will rarely support them.
It's that simple mate.
Same as the police. thrown to the wolves by the senior managers who set the unit up.

Mrs RM's cousin has worked as a screw for twenty years or so, I was talking to him last month about it. He said he has recently transferred to a desk jockey role as in his words "It's too scary now and you don't get the back up from the top" he is a massive tank of a bloke and for someone like him saying it's "too scary" that says hell of a lot about the state of affairs.
Personally I agree with the rehabilitation side of things and think in some cases it can work, but it has to be remembered that some of the inmates male, female or whatever they identify as this week are dangerous people and need treating accordingly.

Mrs RM's cousin has worked as a screw for twenty years or so, I was talking to him last month about it. He said he has recently transferred to a desk jockey role as in his words "It's too scary now and you don't get the back up from the top" he is a massive tank of a bloke and for someone like him saying it's "too scary" that says hell of a lot about the state of affairs.
Personally I agree with the rehabilitation side of things and think in some cases it can work, but it has to be remembered that some of the inmates male, female or whatever they identify as this week are dangerous people and need treating accordingly.
Binfuckingo sir.

The following is a screen shot of a post from a FB group called 'Know the Danger'.
They are a forum that dedicates itself to Prison Staff, supposedly to highlight the dangers that Prison Officers face, however they allow ex cons on to their forum.
Amongst most Prison staff, they are a source of embarrassment and redicule.
However, said screen shot highlights what is a daily occurrence in prisons up and down the country.
I draw your attention to the last paragraph in particular.
View attachment 442983
has the governer been spoken to by the screws?

Ie. Next time you deny ppe, you're going in first.

Demand body cameras and Tasers just like the Police have, for protection ?
They're f*ck all use as protection because management would never authorise the use of tasers and body cameras are only fit for providing evidence once the poor buggers have been injured or killed.

Full camera coverage in all parts of jails, less personal areas like cells, same taser trg as the Police, stab proof vests compulsory to wear for all officers in contact with inmates and all officers to be issued with tasers with no authorisation required other than in the rules of use as taught annually. Min.

They're f*ck all use as protection because management would never authorise the use of tasers and body cameras are only fit for providing evidence once the poor buggers have been injured or killed.

Full camera coverage in all parts of jails, less personal areas like cells, same taser trg as the Police, stab proof vests compulsory to wear for all officers in contact with inmates and all officers to be issued with tasers with no authorisation required other than in the rules of use as taught annually. Min.
The reason I put the Taser + bodycam together, was to prove that the Prison Officer used his Taser in accordance with whatever Rules of Engagement governed their use.

As for Management not allowing it, **** them. Go on Strike if necessary.
If it is what the Staff feel they need to stay safe, just do it.
The Public today and Tory majority in Parliament would back you all the way.

The reason I put the Taser + bodycam together, was to prove that the Prison Officer used his Taser in accordance with whatever Rules of Engagement governed their use.

As for Management not allowing it, **** them. Go on Strike if necessary.
If it is what the Staff feel they need to stay safe, just do it.
The Public today and Tory majority in Parliament would back you all the way.
Illegal for Prison Officers to strike and the tory majority wouldn't back them, they are the Party of Law & Order afterall!

Illegal for Prison Officers to strike and the tory majority wouldn't back them, they are the Party of Law & Order afterall!

I did not know it was illegal for Prison Officers to Strike.
As they do not have that Right, one would hope that entitled them to be listened to and supported better by their Management.

No ?
Threaten mass resignations or just pull a mass 'sicky' . Prison Flu or something Stress- related.

Remember - the Tory party realises they have just been 'lent' enough votes to have a sizeable working majority. They like this and may want to keep it this way.
You might be pleasantly surprised by the new Order, and the way it conducts Our Business.

I did not know it was illegal for Prison Officers to Strike.
As they do not have that Right, one would hope that entitled them to be listened to and supported better by their Management.

No ?
Threaten mass resignations or just pull a mass 'sicky' . Prison Flu or something Stress- related.

Remember - the Tory party realises they have just been 'lent' enough votes to have a sizeable working majority. They like this and may want to keep it this way.
You might be pleasantly surprised by the new Order, and the way it conducts Our Business.
Any threat by the POA to walk out, pull sickies or anything similar would end up with the government going to the courts to gain an injunction and they'd win.

Prison officer management in my brief experience stops at senior officer, principle officer and governor grades are more interested in career progression than the interests or safety of their "essential staff"/Key Resource".

I have absolutely no expectation of this government, or any other in the future, doing anything to protect prison officers unless or until one or more get killed by an inmate and, tbh, I seriously doubt it will happen then. All that will happen is the book of platitudes will be brought out and read from cover to cover.