Turned away for wearing Help for Heroes wristband

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by redchad, Oct 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mother's anger at Help for Heroes 'snub'
    Thursday, October 29, 2009
    A mother of three claims supermarket staff refused to serve her because she was wearing a wristband to support members of the Armed Forces wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Beth Hoyle said she was turned away from tills at Asda because a checkout operator objected to her Help for Heroes charity band - telling her she was 'supporting the war'.

Mrs Hoyle said a supervisor at the store in Rochdale, Greater Manchester, backed the worker.

Asda, which sells the wristbands in some of its stores, last night said it was taking the complaint very seriously.

web page

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/article.html?Mothers_anger_at_Help_for_Heroes_snub&in_article_id=759439&in_page_id=34

2. Done a few days ago.

3. I hear starbucks does not support the war either?

:)

4. Just seen it cant believe it

5. Glad to see the Metro are on the ball, as ever - this was reported days ago.

6. stick the useless beach on the tills in afghan for six month, funking arrse hole

7. Newsflash - ASDA employ's idiots on minimum wage.

In all seriousness though, I think the staff member should have been disciplined rather than backed by their (also idiotic) supervisor.

Bad publicity for ASDA. And they didn't even get any money from serving the lady... double fail.

Supporting Troops is not the same as supporting the war.

8. I would be surprised if there's ANY truth in this whatsoever. She's proably been barred for shoplifting or somethnig and is using this as an excuse. I doubt ANY retard on the till would think ASDAs would back them up on this. We get frivolous, indeed malicous compliants on a daily basis and 99.9999% turn out to be utter crocks.

9. I'd be warey of this too.

A pissed off customer is a lying tosser.

10. And MacDonalds donates money to PIRA - they have'nt gone away you know! :roll:

11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Bit dusty in here.

Anyone know a suitable poem?

12. I've heard that if you're paying taxes you're supporting the war ;)

13. No, but they're going, at least from Iceland!

14. The lady got no scoff
    Cause the Paki fucked her off
    So off she went to whinge
    She's got a smelly minge

15. I thought it was peace keeping, not a war?