Turncoat! How dare he?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by whitecity, Dec 20, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sorry for the long text, but found this buried in the comments section at the following link:
    http://www.volpac.org/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=27&Month=10&Year=2005

Awaiting incoming from neo_com. :)

2. Couldn't be arrsed to read it all.

Is the general jist of it that he supported Bush and then realised that he was a war mongering, lying, dictatorial, oil grabbing, greedy, idiotic, war dodging coward?

If so, fair play to the guy.

3. Nope, he just seems to believe that Shrub isn't quite as much of a right-wing loony as he would like ( 8O ).

4. Are there any neo cons here ?

5. Actually, I kindof agree with the guy. I'm not sure I agree with his concept (I've seen propounded by some other Republicans) that "Because we control both houses, it is our moral obligation to railroad over the opposition", but otherwise, he doesn't seem that far off the rails at all.

NTM

6. Think 'NEO_CON' has been retired by his handlers - think T6 will be next....

7. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

....So, how do I line myself up for a job as an intern with Hillary then :lol:

This feller is from Tenessee, near the big US Nuclear research facility where the Manhattan Project took off. He's ex forces, who resents the HELL out of being body searched when he gets on a plane and is a believer in self-reliance over state aid.

In other words, Bush's home constituency, from a God-fearing state ( who if I recall are not convinced that Evolution should be taught in public schools on their turf).....and pretty representative of Middle America conservatives.

If the Republicans have lost people like this, no WAY are they being returned in two years time.

I cannot see the US Govt keeping boots on the ground in Iraq in the run-up to an election - I predict they will have withdrawn all but SF back into Kuwait and Turkey by Christmas 2007......

( let's just hope our people aren't left holding the baby......shoulder to shoulder guys!)

Le Chevre

8. Does it make me a neo com if I believe lawabiding citizens should not be subject to the possibilty of phone taps etc that have not been authorised by a court.

...'So while the airlines and ALL Americans have figured out that it was really Arab males from the ages of 18-30 that were using airplanes as people-laden bombs, the Secretary of Transportation issued edicts against profiling and instead we ordinary AMERICANS are the ones being body-searched at the airports.'

Does it make me a neo com if I thinkg that all personnel should be searched while getting onto a plane.....you'll forgive me but wild rampaging teenagers with guns also need stopping not just terrorists who a predominantly of an arab appprearance. There are a large number of afro-carribean muslims in the world so I take that this group is also unliklely to be a terrorist? All is not obvious.

However while I don't approve of people taking the law into thier own hands and trying to control immigration themseleves I do believe that this is a fair criticism of the gov't as is the failure to cut bureuacracy.

I am generally of a liberal persuasion adn so have no objection to the failure of the republicans to use fully thier mandate tin support of the conservative agenda, but can see that it must really frustrate those who voted for just such an agenda.

9. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

WTF? Adjust Bacofoil chapeau, mon vieux.........both Neo and his mate T-6 sing from their own songsheets

( even if the nameblock at the bottom goes: RUMSFELD, D pp The President' )

Lee Shaver

10. However while I don't approve of people taking the law into thier own hands and trying to control immigration themseleves

They're not. They're just calling Border Patrol on them.

If the Republicans have lost people like this, no WAY are they being returned in two years time.

Don't underestimate the American political system's ability to give you a choice between bad and worse: If the Democrats put up a very polarising candidate of the Pelosi vein, expect people to vote for the other guy. Even Hillary, widely being touted as a 08 contender, is acknowledged as being polarised. Much voting is 'who do you hate least'

NTM