Turkish PM: Israel should be barred from UN

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Jan 16, 2009.

?
  1. Absolutely.

16.9%
  2. Rather agree

5.6%
  3. Not sure

1.1%
  4. Doubt that it would help

14.6%
  5. Rather disagree

1.1%
  6. Disagree

5.6%
  7. Stupid and senseless idea.

55.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The UN is mostly a corrupt waste of space. It started out with good intentions but slowly went downhill.

2. the UN is as pointless as the League of nations was in the early part of the last century.

3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Ironic, seeing that it's the UN that has failed Israel by abandoning its mission to keep missiles and other arms from entering Gaza via Rafah and vicinity. Remember the UN also baled out of keeping Hezbollah off Israel's back in the Lebanon. The UN is a weak reed; sofew of its General Assembly members are respectable democracies it's hard to see why it should command respect.

4. Ataturk turns in his grave as his secular vision is slowly taken apart.

5. Are Turkey still having a punch up with the Kurds?

6. Yes I do.

But more interestingly, it would be interesting to see how this will change Israel's defence palliness with Turkey. I suppose the Turks might already be a bit pi55ed off with Israel's bezzering with the Iraqi/Iranian Kurds.

7. Do Bears ....?

8. Indeed it is. Two of the 3 independent appointments who report direct to the President have already been arrested for subversion. In addition a former General has also been arrested.

However that is a very dangerous game for the muslim parties to play and they may wake up one day to find the Army and Jandarma inviting them to come for a discussion.

Watch the howls of protest from w@akers of the pinko variety who do not understand the need for secular Government as required by Turkish Law.

Stand by, stand by!

9. Is a moderate Muslim government worse for European stability than a hypernationalist military one?

Discuss.

10. I wouldn't call a Turkish Military Government Hypernationalist......Hyper secular yes. Modern Turkey is based on a deliberate and fundamental break with the past by Ataturk from 1924. The whole edifice of a Islamic State was removed over 10 years. ANYTHING that smacks of an attempt to recreate an Islamic state does not go down with a whole host of people, most notably the Armed Forces, who see themselves as the Guardians of Ataturk's legacy.

But back to the main Point:-

How many Countries would be excluded for breaking UN Security Council waffling under this rule..?

11. Umm... I would. In fact, most people would.

But I suppose you/Israel can't be too choosy about who to call a friend these days.

12. WTF???

13. Sorry, I thought I remembered you from other threads, only popping up to defend Israel in a hectoring manner. Actually, I was confusing you with another poster- Bagshot or Bagpuss or something.

Again- sorry.

14. Fcuk the UN. Israel can stay in as long as they like. We however, must get out whilst we can.