Turkish film about Iraqi war

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4700154.stm

With a budget of $10m (Ј5.7m), Valley of the Wolves Iraq is the most expensive film ever made in Turkey - and it is pulling record crowds.
The movie opens with a real-life incident: the arrest in July 2003 of Turkish special forces in Sulaymaniyah, northern Iraq.

The soldiers were led out of their headquarters at gunpoint, with hoods over their heads. America later apologised, but it appears the offence ran deep.
In one scene, trigger-happy US troops massacre civilians at a wedding party.

In another they firebomb a mosque during evening prayer. There are multiple summary executions.

And for the first time, the real-life abuses by American soldiers at Abu Ghraib prison are played out on the big screen.
I suspect that our Turkish friends would include one more scene in their film.

Even the doctor - played by Gary Busey - is evil, removing human organs from Iraqi prisoners to send to patients in the US, Israel and Britain.
That is nationality of the doctor? You know the right answer.

http://www.valleyofthewolvesiraq.com/

As I work with Turks I supposeI´ll have to put up with their rantings for the next couple of weeks;They still go on about Kanikle(Gallipolli) as if it was yesterday;Don´t like being told that they lost 1 million there though!

It doesn´t take much to fire-up the Turks,I suppose that Gary Bussey will get a warm reception back home?

midnight said:
As I work with Turks I supposeI´ll have to put up with their rantings for the next couple of weeks;They still go on about Kanikle(Gallipolli) as if it was yesterday;Don´t like being told that they lost 1 million there though!

It doesn´t take much to fire-up the Turks,I suppose that Gary Bussey will get a warm reception back home?
Don't ever tell a Turk that their coffee is stronger than their military.

This would be the film with strong anti-semitic overtones (wrt the doctor) which the BBC has conveniently left out of its analysis. We can't go around suggesting that members of the BBC's Favourite Religion are anti-semitic now, can we?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
noliveroundsemptycasespr Cookery 40
Glastonbury-man Old & Bold 5
Raven2008 Tanks, planes & ships 0