Turkey's "Marry your rapist" bill

"Marry your rapist" bill to be introduced in Turkey

A law which would allow men accused of having sex with girls who are under 18 to avoid punishment if they marry their victims is set to be introduced to parliament in Turkey

Critics argue the legislation, which the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party (HDP) is urging the government to axe, not only legitimises child marriage and statutory rape but also paves the way for child abuse and sexual exploitation.
I read that thinking it's 2020, what kind of backward contemptible idiot would propose such a thing, oh yeah Erdogan

Buying weapons from the Russians, getting cozy with Putin, and trying to push Turkey back to the dark ages, what can we do to try and bring them back to some semblance of democracy and normality?

Yet another example proving that Turkey is moving towards extreme islam.
Oh dear...

Thankfully, Erdogan's Turkey is a valued member of NATO, maintaining the bastion of democratic Western liberal values against those nasty (err???).

I read that thinking it's 2020, what kind of backward contemptible idiot would propose such a thing, oh yeah Erdogan

Buying weapons from the Russians, getting cozy with Putin, and trying to push Turkey back to the dark ages, what can we do to try and bring them back to some semblance of democracy and normality?
And what else can you expect from a leader who openly admires Hitler?.

Just as well his vile regime was denied F-35 deliveries.

Is there anything we need to do that we can't do from the SBAs on Cyprus and the Gulf bases?

I think Turkey has long outlasted it's use to NATO let alone its fit.

TamH70

MIA
Is there anything we need to do that we can't do from the SBAs on Cyprus and the Gulf bases?

I think Turkey has long outlasted it's use to NATO let alone its fit.
And the Woke Left want Turkey admitted to the European Union? As it's "racist" to deny them entry?

Brexit does have an upside at least...

And the Woke Left want Turkey admitted to the European Union? As it's "racist" to deny them entry?

Brexit does have an upside at least...
Just what I was thinking, thank god we're leaving, if that shower are joining.

I don't think there was ever a chance of them joining. Too many institutial memories of the last time they were in Europe. Spent some time camped around Vienna way I believe. No whinging about the Poles that time was there.

I have heard of this before, cant remember which country but it also was an Islamic one.
The problem is the religion is eternally stuck in the last milenia and will always be in conflict with the rest of the world moving forward.

Does Turkey support gay marriage?

You thinking of emigrating, or just asking for a friend?
I was going to get outraged at their homophobic policy, on behalf of people I dont know, who may (or may not) actually care about a subject that my upset isn't going to change.
I could alwaya start a pointless, badly worded online petition.

I was going to get outraged at their homophobic policy, on behalf of people I dont know, who may (or may not) actually care about a subject that my upset isn't going to change.
I could alwaya start a pointless, badly worded online petition.
Go on do it BB, will be all over it like a rash.

Go on do it BB, will be all over it like a rash.
BB, and his rash, can be all over my outrageous homosexuals provided they consent.

Or he may have to marry them.

Maple

LE
Just what I was thinking, thank god we're leaving, if that shower are joining.
Except they're not.......and weren't even close to meeting the requirements - but you knew that
And the straw-man of lefties "wanting" them in the EU has been done to death, some do, mostly not, because Turkey is a basket-case at the best of times

Latest Threads