Turkey police shoot bomb suspect

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by FunkyNewBlood, Jul 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just breaking on the beeb.

CNN has a bit more:

2. Suicide bomber reporting Sir, mission accomplished.
  3. Well done Johnny Turk.

Verbal Warning. Fired warning. Shot to kill.

It only takes a second.
  4. If it had happened in London the cops would be suspended and the brass apologizing to the editor of The Guardian.

5. Footage on Euronews.

Sharp drills & quick reaction by some hero Turkish policeman - well done.
  6. Bah! When I read the title of this post, I thought that Turkeys had been assigned their own police service, a bit like the BTP only just for Turkeys!

Nevermind crime in the Turkey Coops continues.

7. Was this a Turkey shoot? ;-)

8. Not a fan of warning shots. Even matelots are taught (by booties) that warning shots waste ammunition, are dangerous to non coms, suggest you don’t really mean it, suggest you are shitting it, let the fcuker get nearer his target.

Good result all the same.
  9. Matelot with a gun? bloody dangerous!
  10. I watched the footage on CNN world. It seems that they guy set off a metal detector at the outer perimeter of the security zone. He got stopped and handcuffed with his hands behind his back, but apparently could manage to escape before he was searched. The footage shows him disappearing in a crowd running towards the PM's building and then you could hear some shots being fired.

11. I spent some time in Ankara working with what they called their Special Branch - Special in that most of them could read as well as write. However, what one did not do was mess them about as they had very little sense of humour when it came to their duties.