Turkey developing 2,500Km IRBM..with possibel ICBM to follow

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by petergriffen, Nov 12, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. POLITICS - Turkey begins work on ICBM

2. Yay for a regional arms race...in our backyard.

3. Aimed at the Iranians no doubt - the Saudis will be next in devloping IRBMs...

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

5. No lose situation for the UK from what I can see.

• Like Like x 2
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Putin's not going to like this.

7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Putin lives in Southend? Wow. I never knew that.

8. By a happy coincidence Turkey's first nuclear facility opens in 2018....And there have been whispering that the Turks especially the military would really really like the bomb.

9. The Saudis already have them

https://www.fas.org/irp/threat/missile/saudi.htm

For nuclear warheads? The Saudis wrote the cheques for the Pakistani nuclear weapons programme.

10. I know Greece doesn't have 2 cent's to rub together right now but it'll be interestifg to see how they react.

They have always tried to keep at least a deterrent capacity against Turkey and ballistic missiles might chage the status.

11. The old CSS-2's they bought...probably rapidly going us with their age and not being great to begin with.

The Saudi's are seemingly already looking for missiles to counter whatever it is Iran is developing.

12. I'd expect that an ICBM strike on Southend would cause millions of pounds' worth of improvements.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

Is Turkey known to be actively developing nuclear arms?

14. Saudis IRBM's are a subset of Pakistan's missile/nuclear weapons programme. All the comprehensive range of silos, launch and support network is there, its a doddle to upgrade the firework bit if you have deep pockets and the will.
    Smart money is one of the current crop of Pakistani IRBM's will be purchased to replace the old CSS-2's, although China is said to be touting the DF-21 to Rhiyadd

• Like Like x 1