Turkey calls meeting of NATO members on Tuesday

Jet downed in international airspace and was shot down 15 mins after briefly straying into Syrian airspace.

Foreign Secretary William Hague 'gravely' concerned about Syria's 'outrageous act in' downing Turkey military plane

Calm down, calm down. They'll issue a strongly worded press announcement condemning the Syrians.

Quid pro quo.

So that's how the yanks get around the UN and Russian strange how the jet gets shoot down just at the right tine
What's this years line in tin foil hats like?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

Another conference and another waste of mineral water, biscuits and hotel rooms.

Don't you just love a conspiracy theory.

So that's how the yanks get around the UN and Russian strange how the jet gets shoot down just at the right tine
I think the one way Obama can make sure he doesn't get re-elected would be to get sucked into a Syrian civil war over the deaths of a Turkish aircrew. There'll be lots of huffing and puffing, and slagging off of the Russians and Chinese and not much more.

Proper conspiracy would be a repainted US radio drone with no Turks in it, "Capt. Mehmet here's a million dollar now bugger off."

I think the one way Obama can make sure he doesn't get re-elected would be to get sucked into a Syrian civil war over the deaths of a Turkish aircrew. There'll be lots of huffing and puffing, and slagging off of the Russians and Chinese and not much more.
Isn't that what I said, but in fewer words?

If Turkey decides to smack back at Syria and decides it needs the backing of NATO.... Can America actually tell Turkey to **** off? Obama might have no say in another Middle Eastern who-haa.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
The death of a certain Archeduke in Sarajevo was originally seen as a rather insignificant event...

Turkey's foreign minister has said the fighter jet shot down by Syrian air defence forces on Friday was in international airspace when it was hit.

Ahmet Davutoglu said Turkey would formally present the incident to its Nato allies to prepare a response under article four of the alliance's founding treaty. The article provides for states to "consult together whenever, in the opinion of any of them, the territorial integrity, political independence or security of any of the parties is threatened".

It stops short of the explicit mention of possible armed responses cited in article five.

A Nato spokeswoman said the alliance's North Atlantic council would meet on Tuesday at Turkey's request

Turkey says plane shot down by Syria was in international airspace | World news | guardian.co.uk

Pilot Mehmet: "Navigator! What course are we on?"
Nav: "I don't ****ing know. We were steering 180 a minute ago, what the **** are you doing up front?"
Pilot: "Er, we've been lit up. Tracking radar?"
Nav: "Well I'll punch out some chaff when I've finished me kebab".

If Turkey decides to smack back at Syria and decides it needs the backing of NATO.... Can America actually tell Turkey to **** off? Obama might have no say in another Middle Eastern who-haa.
Wouldn't it have to be an attack on Turkey itself? The Turks have admitted the plane was in Syrian airspace so technically were at fault.

edit- my bad they're saying it strayed in briedfly but was long gone when shot down.