Tummy Tucks.... Bar to entry?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by signalsanyone, Oct 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have recently lost 7st and 4lbs through dieting and excercise so I could join the army but have been left with a load of saggy skin. I am considering getting a tummy tuck to get rid but will this bar my entry to the army? It's a cosmetic procedure si it shouldn't should it? I contacted the army via the live chat at armyjobs.mod.uk and they said they were not able to answer medical queries. Anyone able to help?

2. Keep the extra skin it could prove very useful - carrying pouch, face towel, loin cloth. Oh and well done on that weight loss thats quite a lot to shift.

3. Wait til you get in and get the Army to pay for it, just like all the tits jobs the blahts get :)

4. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Join the RLC. We'll soon get enough pies down your neck to sort the saggy skin out :D

However, on a more sensible note, as far as I'm aware cosmetic surgery should not be a bar on entry. You should speak to your AFCO in the first instance or drop The_Iron a PM (he used to work in recruiting).

Good luck.

5. you probably would have to wait a while before you can as its surgery.

tummy tuck is actually fairly major as you have a pretty long wound. i would imagine you would have to wait a while so its completely healed (several months at least).

however, it probably isnt a bar.

6. Jeez mate 7 stone? Well done thats what you call commitment.

J.

7. I'd certainly enquire about that, as mentioned above, a tummy "tuck" is actually pretty major, and is also in a dangerous place (over your intestines) if the doc slips or something goes wrong things can get grim.

Assuming this flap of skin isn't hanging over your knees, is it really problem? Skin is elastic so it should shrink a bit.

If it has lost it's elasticity, and can't shrink back, again you should think hard because it wont expand again if you pile on the pies.

Saw a thing on this on tele a while back. A lass had lost a lot of weight, but could never be pregnant and would have to watch what she ate for life. Because she chose to have a "body" tuck to remove the excess skin that would never shrink back. Pretty harsh.

8. I'd certainly enquire about that, as mentioned above, a tummy "tuck" is actually pretty major, and is also in a dangerous place (over your intestines) if the doc slips or something goes wrong things can get grim.

Assuming this flap of skin isn't hanging over your knees, is it really problem? Skin is elastic so it should shrink a bit.

If it has lost it's elasticity, and can't shrink back, again you should think hard because it wont expand again if you pile on the pies.

Saw a thing on this on tele a while back. A lass had lost a lot of weight, but could never be pregnant and would have to watch what she ate for life. Because she chose to have a "body" tuck to remove the excess skin that would never shrink back. Pretty harsh.

9. 7 stone !!! Well done

10. That's the problem with allowing yourself to put on fat, once a fat/adipose cell is created there's no natural way of getting rid of it hence why it's easy to put weight back on if you were fat before.

I'm not too sure about your best option but best of luck with it and good effort on losing the weight.