Tumbledown

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Drifter21, Jun 14, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if already posted but tonight 22.00 on BBC4

2. Thanks. I've stuck it in the planner!

3. Thanks for the heads up will look forward to watching

4. Colin Firth is very good in his role as Robert Lawrence, who was a cracking officer

5. Excellent film and indeed book. My uncle is the male crab nurse who tells him he is eating his brain fluid on the flight back.

6. Nice catch!

7. Changed my mind.

This is one of the worst mis-represented films I have ever had the chance to watch.

I'm picking holes in it everywhere, and not even a young Colin Firth's naked bottom is making up for it.

K13 and Puttees will help me out with the geography, but wasn't that Two Sisters he got wounded at? Where did the helicopter "fly over the cliffs over the sea" from?

I'm just getting pedantic now aren't I?

Good job I didn't run the Battlefield Tours in the Falklands for 6 months eh?

• Like Like x 1
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nope he was a jock Gd and it was Tumbledown! The CCS at Ajax bay could be approached over water from Tumbledown!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

9. Snail it's a massive pile of shite I completely agree. The timeline of events is all askew and it's pretty poor :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. I shall wait for official confirmation.

It's more like a "Look what happens to the family when you and go and fight for your country, you daft twat" advert than a "Rule Britannia" advert.

If I was a nurse, and Colin Firth's nurse in this film, he'd be feeling the back of my hand right now. Not in a good way.

11. I knew you'd be back, oh clever one!

12. Maybe not for you.

She can tell me off anytime.

Rather nice in a Kathy West's mum kind of way.........Ohh Matron!

13. Big boy did that and ran away.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jock Guard in grey trackies? Lush.

Do you all dress like that?

Oh, hang on - the Daddy, kiss me, bit was just on.

Pile of ******* shite.

I've seen better Pingu.

It probably makes more sense than trying to work out a medical pension though through the system.

15. Admit it. It was shit.