Tube disruption Remembrance Sunday

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fairy_nuff, Nov 4, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you are travelling to the Cenotaph in Whitehall on Sunday 13th November, they have announced some partial line suspentions on:

Central
    Circle
    District
    Hammersmith & City
    Northern
    Piccadilly

The Docklands light railway is CLOSED all weekend

There will be a normal service on

Bakerloo
    Jubilee
    Metropolitan
    Victoria

Feckers did this last year too and when I complained to TFL they said it was routine engineering work, why plan it for when many disabled and elderly ex service people, who are probably unfamiliar with the tube are travelling?

2. Because just fuc$ing dimwits or they dont care

3. Now that was productive wasn't it.

4. not meant to be

5. Accurate though.

6. Because otherwise they'd have to close the tube during working hours, and that would cost the economy a shitload of cash. Unfortunately, some things are more important.

7. Why not try to explain where the disruption might be and what it may mean?

Worth a thought that from Waterloo it is probably shorter and more comfortable to walk than use the tube anyway.

8. Kin 'ell I don't work for them! It was in the Evening Standard and I just wanted to give a heads up. Look on TFL website

9. Any announcement on any Buse networks being affected by this?

10. Whitehall and Parliament Street will be closed to all traffic from 6am

11. Just remembered that I'm in London for the 13th, haven't ever been to the Cenotaph for Remembrance Sunday despite being a bona fide cockney geezer. Ought to go along.

12. H3

H3 LE

Bing bong ! ..... Can you give up to date info as it gets closer please as I can't be bothered to go on their web site :0)

13. Yes if you donate £100 to Holidays for Heroes

14. Why the outrage? All they are doing is hurting themselves. On that day there will be a lot of people wanting to use the tube, but because of a lack of foresight by tube staff, they will now lose money to other transport providers.

15. True. They are shutting down on a day that would be busy... anyone know if 'routine maint' was booked for the Royal Wedding?

And can't maint be carried out at night?