Tube disruption Remembrance Sunday

If you are travelling to the Cenotaph in Whitehall on Sunday 13th November, they have announced some partial line suspentions on:

Central
Circle
District
Hammersmith & City
Northern
Piccadilly

The Docklands light railway is CLOSED all weekend

There will be a normal service on

Bakerloo
Jubilee
Metropolitan
Victoria

Feckers did this last year too and when I complained to TFL they said it was routine engineering work, why plan it for when many disabled and elderly ex service people, who are probably unfamiliar with the tube are travelling?

If you are travelling to the Cenotaph in Whitehall on Sunday 13th November, they have announced some partial line suspentions on:

Central
Circle
District
Hammersmith & City
Northern
Piccadilly

The Docklands light railway is CLOSED all weekend

There will be a normal service on

Bakerloo
Jubilee
Metropolitan
Victoria

Feckers did this last year too and when I complained to TFL they said it was routine engineering work, why plan it for when many disabled and elderly ex service people, who are probably unfamiliar with the tube are travelling?
Why not try to explain where the disruption might be and what it may mean?

Worth a thought that from Waterloo it is probably shorter and more comfortable to walk than use the tube anyway.

Why not try to explain where the disruption might be and what it may mean?

Worth a thought that from Waterloo it is probably shorter and more comfortable to walk than use the tube anyway.
Kin 'ell I don't work for them! It was in the Evening Standard and I just wanted to give a heads up. Look on TFL website

Any announcement on any Buse networks being affected by this?

Why the outrage? All they are doing is hurting themselves. On that day there will be a lot of people wanting to use the tube, but because of a lack of foresight by tube staff, they will now lose money to other transport providers.

Why the outrage? All they are doing is hurting themselves. On that day there will be a lot of people wanting to use the tube, but because of a lack of foresight by tube staff, they will now lose money to other transport providers.
True. They are shutting down on a day that would be busy... anyone know if 'routine maint' was booked for the Royal Wedding?

And can't maint be carried out at night?

Seems pretty brutal in the week between Christmas and New Year!

I have to disagree with you there Fairy - If you are in a wheelchair or or have disabilties, the tube is the one place I wouldn't go. Apart from the extension of the jubilee line to Stratford (which only covers the Waterloo to Stratford part of it), you don't stand a hope in hell of getting on or off it. It needs to be buses.

So really, closing half of it down on the 13th makes no odds, unless you're a tourist, which means you'll block up the tube as per usual and make everybody else late.

LU is one fo the most unfriendly disabled places I've known. I'm not in a wheelchiar, but worked with quite a few who are disabled in London and it's a nigthmare anywhere near the cnetre of town.

Outside every tube (that's a subterrainian railway to you country folk) you'll see an up to date poster showing current engineering situation, line/station closures and suggested alternative routes.
If you're arriving at Waterloo station, the Cenotaph is just a 10 minute stroll via Westminster or Waterloo bridge. If travelling from Victoria station it's about a mile and a half - failing that, it's the number 24 bus. from Euston it's the 29 bus or a 2 mile march.
As for me, I'll attend my local memorial as my 2 youngest are helping with the wreath laying.

If in doubt - check the TFL website.... good luck !

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer