TST Pass requirements

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by RDAB-89, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Forgive me if this is out there somewhere, but ive tried searching and have had no avail!

Does anyone have a document on the TST pass marks you need for the trades that require it?

Im aware not all trades need to do this test, however being a technical based person im going to have to do it no matter what trade i choose to do within the army. Would be handy to have something to refer to when looking at trade Decrips.

2. If you go to armyjobs.mod.uk, select any trade you're interested in and then there's an option to download as PDF right at the bottom of the page. There you should have all the details you need including GTI (from your BARB test) and minimum TST score.

3. Thanks for the reply, but i cant seem to find any information about the GTI or TST min pass requirements :(

http://armyjobs.haymarketnetwork.com/images/pdf/109.pdf For example (i know its in the 35 mark range for that trade) but for things like Military Engineer Communications and other REME trades id like to know what to aim for!

4. You're right mate. It seems that the recent ones don't have. This one sheet just to see what I meant:

What you can do is to request a print out from your careers advisor which will include the third page titled For Recruiter which contains the info you're after.

I'm starting soon as a Fitter General in the RE, one of the jobs which requires a high GTI score (53) and the min TST score was only 21 out of 55 so...

Best to check with your recruiter mate.

Best of luck
  5. Ah right.

Okay ill do that, thanks for the help mate!