Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

TSS Retention Bonus

Army_Rizzle

War hero
Heard a lot of whispers lately, to deal with the mass under-manning issue at the moment. Anyone heard anything that might resemble concrete information?

Haaaahaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You kill me! In these austere times, where we're being forced to make good soldiers redundant, why the feck would we need to offer a retention bonus for the easiest "trade" in our Corps?!!

If you weren't so small and cherub-like I'd like to back hand some sense into you!

Im very happy that I'm on high band, in fact im even more happy that I have a job with a nice wage. However, what is wrong in coming onto the Army Rumour Service and asking if anybody had heard anything about this particular rumour?

AR - why don't you speak to one of your SSMs instead? I've not heard anything other than the FRI for Class 1 Av Techs is to remain in place for the time being (albeit not for very long, as I understand).

Im very happy that I'm on high band, in fact im even more happy that I have a job with a nice wage. However, what is wrong in coming onto the Army Rumour Service and asking if anybody had heard anything about this particular rumour?

because it pisses me off as i'm on low band simples :D

A retention bonus to count nuts and bolts and hand out clean covvies, higher pay band to boot....you want to be lucky that Normans aren't on performance related pay.AR not heard anything by the way.

OMG, have some of you heard yourselves slagging TSS. Firstly most of us are instructors who teach or have at P1/P2 etc. Lets look into this;

VM's Spend a lifetime fixing a fleet that goes nowhere and does nothing!! Fix it right first time and you won't have to keep doing it waisting time, money and spares. That is of course if you don't call a IST team in to do the dirty work for you.

Armorers or should I say PP&C wannabe's not much going on there and you know it. Busy a few times a year, go tiffy and have a nice time at camp Bordon.

VE - See a VM

Metalsmith's - Nuts and bolt men

Yes we have a simple job, but I don't complain about it. Yes I get high band but you all had the same options available. I got promoted by merit not because I can pass a course. Yes there are shite store man but the same can be said about other trades. The TSS are the only job in the corps that GETS NOTHING!! no tiffy, VM's had the last bonus.

I don't think that TSS will get a bonus but you should look at yourself's before judging us as your career is probably up a creek so get paddling.

OMG, have some of you heard yourselves slagging TSS. Firstly most of us are instructors who teach or have at P1/P2 etc. Lets look into this;VM's Spend a lifetime fixing a fleet that goes nowhere and does nothing!! Fix it right first time and you won't have to keep doing it waisting time, money and spares. That is of course if you don't call a IST team in to do the dirty work for you.Armorers or should I say PP&C wannabe's not much going on there and you know it. Busy a few times a year, go tiffy and have a nice time at camp Bordon.VE - See a VMMetalsmith's - Nuts and bolt menYes we have a simple job, but I don't complain about it. Yes I get high band but you all had the same options available. I got promoted by merit not because I can pass a course. Yes there are shite store man but the same can be said about other trades. The TSS are the only job in the corps that GETS NOTHING!! no tiffy, VM's had the last bonus.I don't think that TSS will get a bonus but you should look at yourself's before judging us as your career is probably up a creek so get paddling.
God is it rag week or something ??? go and demand a few more bales it was mere banter we know that there are a few of you who chose the job rather than being bunged in it when you failed your trade course.

OMG, have some of you heard yourselves slagging TSS. Firstly most of us are instructors who teach or have at P1/P2 etc. Lets look into this;

VM's Spend a lifetime fixing a fleet that goes nowhere and does nothing!! Fix it right first time and you won't have to keep doing it waisting time, money and spares. That is of course if you don't call a IST team in to do the dirty work for you.

Armorers or should I say PP&C wannabe's not much going on there and you know it. Busy a few times a year, go tiffy and have a nice time at camp Bordon.

VE - See a VM

Metalsmith's - Nuts and bolt men

Yes we have a simple job, but I don't complain about it. Yes I get high band but you all had the same options available. I got promoted by merit not because I can pass a course. Yes there are shite store man but the same can be said about other trades. The TSS are the only job in the corps that GETS NOTHING!! no tiffy, VM's had the last bonus.

I don't think that TSS will get a bonus but you should look at yourself's before judging us as your career is probably up a creek so get paddling.

Can you count to potato?