Trying to source some Cold War era ORP

B42T

LE
I remember one 2 week ex in Germany and we got menu B - steak and kidney for the whole 2 weeks. I hate kidneys.
why couldn't the idiots sort it out so we got a variation. Idle sods.

I remember one 2 week ex in Germany and we got menu B - steak and kidney for the whole 2 weeks. I hate kidneys.
why couldn't the idiots sort it out so we got a variation. Idle sods.
Bad drills in the part of your echelon. Should be fresh rations once every three days as I recall.l

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I was in 74-86 and I honestly don't remember ever finding those packets of dextrose tablets.
Does make me wonder if QM's Dept varied a lot , Unit to Unit, in what they stocked, issued, passed on to the Cookhouse etc.
There were also those 'magpies' in the stores. The tins with boiled sweets and can openers were always going diffie and turning up in the CQMS vehicle.

Processed cheese and Strawberry jam butties on scheme, Oatmeal blocks loved 'em. Bacon grill, bangers and beans, not bad. Never liked Chicken Curry or Chicken SUPREME who the fcuk thought of that. The QM stores out on scheme, certainly checked what the Sabre Sqns got and how well the Rear Echelon ate.
My relationship with Curry didn't exactly get off to a good start. My first vehical commander, when it was his turn at cooking..... CURRY powder in everything, including breakfast.

I have vague memories from the 60's of Hard Tack biscuits being issued in lieu of bread ... probably WW2 stocks ... however not too bad with tinned Cheese Processed or Condensed Milk / Jam from tubes . Is the Range Card still on the side of the box ? ... further does the ration still come in a cardboard box ? ... was that not to be used for fire starting .

Wasn't that a scene from Wallace and Gromit's epic - "The Wensleydale Exorcist?"
I don't know, but the tins of 'Cheese, Processed' were known as that since before my time in.

My first memory was tinned Salmon in the 10 man packs (Otterburn 1972). Never seen it since.

At the end of Crusader 80 there was a wall of 10 man packs and the very nice man from wherever who was responsible for it asked if we wanted any. We filled four 1 tonners and there was still a pile left.

ACAB

LE
1977 among the other things I definitely remember condensed milk in a tiny tube, canned baked beans, canned baked beans and sausage, TIFFIN bar (I could just murder a Tiffin bar right now - are they still made?), some kind of minced mutton dish dry in a packet, which had to be reconstituted with water.
You're talking about the Arctic Ration which troops in the Falklands lived on during the war.

My first memory was tinned Salmon in the 10 man packs (Otterburn 1972). Never seen it since.

At the end of Crusader 80 there was a wall of 10 man packs and the very nice man from wherever who was responsible for it asked if we wanted any. We filled four 1 tonners and there was still a pile left.
Ditto but in 76/77.
First time I ever encountered 10 man Ration packs and none of the blokes I was with were interested in the cans of salmon.

Result !

Latest Threads