Trying to source some Cold War era ORP

Duncan's rum and raisin... ******* lush.

I could hear someone at 300 yards exclaim "Awwwe fuçk, rum and bastard raisin" and be there in a wink of an eye to relieve them of it.

No mention of the Jungle rat packs, that all seemed to have pot noodles and coloured flavoured crystals. The dieticians would be crying into their muesli nowadays.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Alright you crusty bar stewards?

I'm trying to get my hands on an old and bold 24hr compo pack, anything probably pre-1990 I imagine to properly show a comparison to modern day ORP (I'm working on an ORP Vs MRE review and thought I'd see if I could do an old ORP Vs new ORP for comparison as well).

Can someone provide a list of what you would've got in a pre 1990 24hr 1 man pack and more importantly, have any of you lot got one still sealed tucked away? Whilst you can normally find a lot of vintage rations, I'm struggling to source any old British ORP.

Muchos thankee.
Let me have a word with my father when he gets back from holiday. He used to have a load of the stuff stashed up in the attic - because you never know how far the 3rd Shock Army would advance, presumably - although I suspect my mother may have made him bin it.

Let me have a word with my father when he gets back from holiday. He used to have a load of the stuff stashed up in the attic - because you never know how far the 3rd Shock Army would advance, presumably - although I suspect my mother may have made him bin it.
Another, like my dad who also had the full NBC kit, just in case!

Another, like my dad who also had the full NBC kit, just in case!
Was his plan to sit amongst the ruins as the fall out landed watching his family die?
Harsh

ugly

LE
Don't remember the dextrose tablets or (bottom left) rice ?
Rest, yup.
Dextrose tables were shoite, they used to get put in your combat trs map pocket so you could dent your leg during fire and manoeuvre. I really didn't get them, Apple flakes were a late addition to the 80's menus too, I seem to recall they came in after we lost menu E & F!

1977 among the other things I definitely remember condensed milk in a tiny tube, canned baked beans, canned baked beans and sausage, TIFFIN bar (I could just murder a Tiffin bar right now - are they still made?), some kind of minced mutton dish dry in a packet, which had to be reconstituted with water.

ugly

LE
1977 I definitely remember condensed milk in a tiny tube, canned baked beans, canned baked beans and sausage, TIFFIN bar (I could just murder a Tiffin bar right now - are they still made?), some kind of minced mutton dish dry in a packet, which had to be reconstituted with water.
That was when we had E & F menus, they milk was best on the fruit pudding but you also had jam in tubes too!

Dextrose tables were shoite, they used to get put in your combat trs map pocket so you could dent your leg during fire and manoeuvre. I really didn't get them, Apple flakes were a late addition to the 80's menus too, I seem to recall they came in after we lost menu E & F!
I was in 74-86 and I honestly don't remember ever finding those packets of dextrose tablets.
Does make me wonder if QM's Dept varied a lot , Unit to Unit, in what they stocked, issued, passed on to the Cookhouse etc.

ugly

LE
Think mingingest ever refreshers designed to give you energy but tasted like they had no sugar in them, I never found any rum and raisin chocolate either!

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Think mingingest ever refreshers designed to give you energy but tasted like they had no sugar in them, I never found any rum and raisin chocolate either!
From memory - and for clarity, it was when I was in the ACF - they were chalky as hell, crumbly and largely tasteless.

What was going on with those pilchards that came with a special note telling you to bury them? We told our pet Geordie they meant the empty cans so god knows what disease he has by now.

Mid to late 80’s as boil in the bag started arriving in about ‘89 or so:
Mmmmm - Menu C was my fave!!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I swapped a box with some greeks, and that was a mistake. They had a tin of meat, a tin of veg, a tin of meat and veg, a block of vac-wrapped cheese, vac-wrapped sultanas, a few large square biscuits, a vitamin-tablet, one coffee sachet and a teabag. One teabag. It was depressing.

1989 CMS(R)

Rolled oats with half a sachet of hot chocolate powder dumped in it made every exercise a little bit easier.

Arabic lettering on mars bars wrappers.

Dextrose tablets that sucked the moisture out of your mouth and gave back little in return in terms of energy.

Bacon grill, beans and other tins stamped into the earth because you were too knackered to police your gash properly.

Miss it? I don't....

ugly

LE
We had one teabag, it was massive mind, useful for cleaning the bottom of the mess tins!