Trying to Re-Join after DISHONOURABLE DISCHARGE!!!!

wHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF TRYING TO JOIN TA(4 PARA) AFTER BEING A KNOB AND GETTING BOOTED OUT.AM GOING TO RING BUT JUST WANTED A FEW OPINIONS FIRST!!

CHEERS.ALL HELP APPRECIATED :D

I WAS IN IRISH GUARDS FOR 5 YEARS,WANTED TO DO P COMPANY AND TRY AND TRANSFER.SPENT NEARLY 8 MONTHS GETTING FUCKED OVER SO DECIDED TO STUPIDLY GO AWOL FOR A BIT TO TRY AND MAKE THEM SEE I WANTED OUT OF REGIMENT,DIDNT WORK OUT GOT 6 WEEKS IN GLASSHOUSE AND DISCHARGE.MY DEFENDING OFFICER BY THE WAY WAS OUR EX RSM,WHO AGREED WITH ME ON PRINCIPAL AS THE REGIMENT ALWAYS MESSES PEOPLE ABOUT WHO TRY TO TRANSFER.

Z

Zarathustra

Why not just go to Guards Independant Parachute Platoon, and transfer once there if you liked it?

How long ago was this? Never heard of someone getting binned for going AWOL unless you were gone for years, or they didn't really want you anyway

GOT BINNED IN 1995,WAS OFFERED CHANCE TO STAY IN BUT THEY COULDNT GUARANTEE MY TRANSFER SO OPTED TO GET OUT.HAD LOST FAITH BY THEN,WAS ONLY ABSENT FOR 2 MONTHS.I INITIALLY WANTED TO JOIN PARA REG ANYWAY BUT RECRUITING STAFF WERE AWAY SO GOT ROPED IN TO JOINING IRISH GUARDS ON THE PROMISE I COULD TRANSFER ONCE I COMPLETED TRAINING(A NAIVE 16 Y/OLD)AM 33 AND FITNESS ISNT A PROB,WORK EXP AND LIFE SKILLS WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD ASWEL.

as far as i am aware a previous dishonourable discharge means you are not eligible for joining, at any date thereafter, any branch of Her Majesty's armed forces.

in case you didnt know the TA including 4 Para are part of the armed forces and the same rules apply to us as to the reg's.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
As far as DD's go, thats not the worst i have heard of, if true. As others say, phone and ask, or better yet go and see them, smartly turned out to show seriousness of intent. Dont expect a happy ending though. A Dishonourable Discharge is a Dishonourable Discharge...

chrisg46 said:
As far as DD's go, thats not the worst i have heard of, if true. As others say, phone and ask, or better yet go and see them, smartly turned out to show seriousness of intent. Dont expect a happy ending though. A Dishonourable Discharge is a Dishonourable Discharge...
End of fact. Chat.

Oooh where did that come from?

As this wasn't posted in The NAAFI (where it should been), I'm gonna assume that it's not a Wah. As we all know, there’s only one crime in the army: getting caught. But just in case you’ve forgotten…

The offence of "getting caught" is then (helpfully) subdivided into two categories; 'Good Soldier crimes' and 'Bad Soldier crimes'.

Example: abseiling through your CO’s bedroom window, gaffer-taping him and the wife, naked, to a Rocking-horse and videoing it whilst singing “little donkey” before popping smoke and extracting - equals a ‘Good Soldier Crime’.

By way of contrast: Jacking it and going over the fence 'coz you're not getting everything your own way, means you’re a cnut and should be thrown (treacle drenched) head first into a hornet’s nest, you odious waste of rations.

I hope this helps…

andy74 said:
I WAS IN IRISH GUARDS FOR 5 YEARS,WANTED TO DO P COMPANY AND TRY AND TRANSFER.SPENT NEARLY 8 MONTHS GETTING FUCKED OVER SO DECIDED TO STUPIDLY GO AWOL FOR A BIT TO TRY AND MAKE THEM SEE I WANTED OUT OF REGIMENT,DIDNT WORK OUT GOT 6 WEEKS IN GLASSHOUSE AND DISCHARGE.MY DEFENDING OFFICER BY THE WAY WAS OUR EX RSM,WHO AGREED WITH ME ON PRINCIPAL AS THE REGIMENT ALWAYS MESSES PEOPLE ABOUT WHO TRY TO TRANSFER.
If you are young enough to re-enlist, bad character or not, if you can't handle four days off a week, (When in the UK), more money and being tucked in at night, then fcuck off and join the girl guides. You gave up the first time round, why should anyone and I mean anyone give you a job now????

LEFTY478 said:
As this wasn't posted in The NAAFI (where it should been), I'm gonna assume that it's not a Wah. As we all know, there’s only one crime in the army: getting caught. But just in case you’ve forgotten…

The offence of "getting caught" is then (helpfully) subdivided into two categories; 'Good Soldier crimes' and 'Bad Soldier crimes'.

Example: abseiling through your CO’s bedroom window, gaffer-taping him and the wife, naked, to a Rocking-horse and videoing it whilst singing “little donkey” before popping smoke and extracting - equals a ‘Good Soldier Crime’.

By way of contrast: Jacking it and going over the fence 'coz you're not getting everything your own way, means you’re a cnut and should be thrown (treacle drenched) head first into a hornet’s nest, you odious waste of rations.

I hope this helps…
LOL! :lol:

andy74 said:
GOT BINNED IN 1995,WAS OFFERED CHANCE TO STAY IN BUT THEY COULDNT GUARANTEE MY TRANSFER SO OPTED TO GET OUT.HAD LOST FAITH BY THEN,WAS ONLY ABSENT FOR 2 MONTHS.I INITIALLY WANTED TO JOIN PARA REG ANYWAY BUT RECRUITING STAFF WERE AWAY SO GOT ROPED IN TO JOINING IRISH GUARDS ON THE PROMISE I COULD TRANSFER ONCE I COMPLETED TRAINING(A NAIVE 16 Y/OLD)AM 33 AND FITNESS ISNT A PROB,WORK EXP AND LIFE SKILLS WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD ASWEL.
If you were offered the chance to stay in, how did it end up as a dishonourable discharge?

You were either booted out or you werent, they dont offer to let you stay then boot you out if you choose not to.

And although my military law regarding DD is very limited, surely 6 weeks in nick is a little light for a DD charge?

Also 6 weeks is 42 days, and thats unit nick, only 52 days and above is Colly and DD, i could be wrong, but thats what it was when i was in.

Not ringing true this for some reason.

You sure it was a DD and not just an admin discharge?

Have a try, be honest, tell them you're all grown up now and the worst that can happen is they tell you to fcuk off.....

W

waynster

Here's an interesting one then, and minus the caps

I joined a TA reg back in the 90's - a rather prestigious London reg in the Corps of Drums - I only joined the CoD as I was Army Barmy and my mate was in - still got me in and I had the time of my life.

...except I was crap - never got any proper tuition in the Fife and ended up being the gopher - go for this, go for that. Then did my BT with the RA at woolwich, got a glowing report as a trier, passed the course (nearly with most improved recruit) and went back to the unit

A whil later I went to Hawton Ranges with them, and the CoD were involved in proper soldiery, and whilst I was unfit as hell I managed to show them that I was a natural with an L85A1 - even got a mention from the RSM on his leaving dinner ("You cut my arm and its like a stick of rock that says ARMY all the way through it. And if I can take a turd like Waynster and turn him into a soldier in 2 weeks then I am damn good at my job)

On the day before last, the Drum Major approaches me and tells me I have to take part in the Bugle competition in front of the battery commander. I tell him with all due respect that I would embarrass the CoD as I couldn't even play the flute propely, let alone get a tune out of a Bugle. I then requested a transfer to one of the infantry squadrons and he replies on our return to the UK I was no longer welcome at our HQ

Fast forward a couple of years and I am working in a boozer in Lancashire - me being and my mate both being from Essex we were having some banter with a couple of blokes who were staying in the hotel. One was mouthy, the other quieter and a bit older - the mouthy one, being a spurs fan was giving it larger whilst me (a hammer) and my mate (A gooner) gave it large back. The Spurs fan starts going on about how he lived on White Hart Lane then the other chap pipes up and says "tell him where I live" - turns out quieter chap has been living in the digs at my old HQ. I reply "Bloody hell, that's armoury house!" to which he replies "yes I know drummer Waynster - where the **** have you been?"

I tell him the story and he then tells me that the DM was properly dismissed on RTU in the UK for not pulling his weight, so therefore I am still apparently in

Now that was a few years ago, and I have been living abroad, so am I officially AWOL?? Probably not as it was the reserves, but I was wondering what would happen if I returned to the UK and made an effort to rejoin? Be interested to hear your opinions - I know I was only a STAB but I loved the time there and would love to go back to it - being in the British Legion ain't quite the same :eek:)

Latest Threads