Trying to Re-Join after DISHONOURABLE DISCHARGE!!!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by andy74, Apr 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. wHAT ARE THE CHANCES OF TRYING TO JOIN TA(4 PARA) AFTER BEING A KNOB AND GETTING BOOTED OUT.AM GOING TO RING BUT JUST WANTED A FEW OPINIONS FIRST!!

CHEERS.ALL HELP APPRECIATED :D

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

More chance of finding Lord Lucan riding Shergar is the Grand National.

You were a dick; deal with it.

3. I'd have thought it would entirely depend on what you were hoofed out for before and how long ago. (I'm assuming you are ex regular?)

4. Sssh. wHAt DiD Y o u DO> WoS U norty

(I did it like that so he would understand)

5. I WAS IN IRISH GUARDS FOR 5 YEARS,WANTED TO DO P COMPANY AND TRY AND TRANSFER.SPENT NEARLY 8 MONTHS GETTING FUCKED OVER SO DECIDED TO STUPIDLY GO AWOL FOR A BIT TO TRY AND MAKE THEM SEE I WANTED OUT OF REGIMENT,DIDNT WORK OUT GOT 6 WEEKS IN GLASSHOUSE AND DISCHARGE.MY DEFENDING OFFICER BY THE WAY WAS OUR EX RSM,WHO AGREED WITH ME ON PRINCIPAL AS THE REGIMENT ALWAYS MESSES PEOPLE ABOUT WHO TRY TO TRANSFER.

6. Why not just go to Guards Independant Parachute Platoon, and transfer once there if you liked it?

How long ago was this? Never heard of someone getting binned for going AWOL unless you were gone for years, or they didn't really want you anyway

7. GOT BINNED IN 1995,WAS OFFERED CHANCE TO STAY IN BUT THEY COULDNT GUARANTEE MY TRANSFER SO OPTED TO GET OUT.HAD LOST FAITH BY THEN,WAS ONLY ABSENT FOR 2 MONTHS.I INITIALLY WANTED TO JOIN PARA REG ANYWAY BUT RECRUITING STAFF WERE AWAY SO GOT ROPED IN TO JOINING IRISH GUARDS ON THE PROMISE I COULD TRANSFER ONCE I COMPLETED TRAINING(A NAIVE 16 Y/OLD)AM 33 AND FITNESS ISNT A PROB,WORK EXP AND LIFE SKILLS WOULD STAND ME IN GOOD STEAD ASWEL.

8. as far as i am aware a previous dishonourable discharge means you are not eligible for joining, at any date thereafter, any branch of Her Majesty's armed forces.

in case you didnt know the TA including 4 Para are part of the armed forces and the same rules apply to us as to the reg's.

9. Ring the unit and hear what they say. Its just the cost of a phone call.

10. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

As far as DD's go, thats not the worst i have heard of, if true. As others say, phone and ask, or better yet go and see them, smartly turned out to show seriousness of intent. Dont expect a happy ending though. A Dishonourable Discharge is a Dishonourable Discharge...

11. End of fact. Chat.

Oooh where did that come from?

12. As this wasn't posted in The NAAFI (where it should been), I'm gonna assume that it's not a Wah. As we all know, there’s only one crime in the army: getting caught. But just in case you’ve forgotten…

The offence of "getting caught" is then (helpfully) subdivided into two categories; 'Good Soldier crimes' and 'Bad Soldier crimes'.

Example: abseiling through your CO’s bedroom window, gaffer-taping him and the wife, naked, to a Rocking-horse and videoing it whilst singing “little donkey” before popping smoke and extracting - equals a ‘Good Soldier Crime’.

By way of contrast: Jacking it and going over the fence 'coz you're not getting everything your own way, means you’re a cnut and should be thrown (treacle drenched) head first into a hornet’s nest, you odious waste of rations.

I hope this helps…

13. If you are young enough to re-enlist, bad character or not, if you can't handle four days off a week, (When in the UK), more money and being tucked in at night, then fcuck off and join the girl guides. You gave up the first time round, why should anyone and I mean anyone give you a job now????

14. msr

msr LE

TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK

15. LOL! :lol: