trying to get out of cyprus early

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by medic000, Aug 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm using my friends log as mine has not yet registered. I'm a qualified nurse in the QARANC and iam currently in cyprus which is a volunteer post. But i really hate my job here. We dont see many patients so i spend alot of time conducting my secondary duty as equipment manager. i have asked to do ITU but the I have been told by the education advisor that i will not be considered untill 2011 when iam no longer required in cyprus. Subsquently i have signed off. my original application was deined because thaye said i had to serve four years three months even though i was qualified prior to joining. I have now put my application in again. I have requested to go back to the U.K. for my last six months but i have been told i'm not entiled to so !!! I also dont understand how they can deploy people here tfor the length they do because its a skill fade !!! Also It became evident to me after i first applied to to sign of the first time that my earliest exit dates had been changed on JPA to increase my period of service. i wouldnt mind if i enjoyed my job but i hate it, i want to be a nurse and look after people not equipment. :evil:
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You are asking to get out of Cyprus?

No wonder they keep you away from real people :D
  3. what u wana leave cyprus for r u mad?

half one knock offs , camps practically on a beach, and keo brandys cheaper than water
  4. Unfortunately the Army still live under the misaprehension that they can post you where they need you the most at any given time :roll:
  5. If you want to leave Cyprus and in particular the BMH there early - may I suggest you apply for discharge on the grounds of insanity? ;)
  6. this has to be a wahhhh!!!!!
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Could be a couple of reasons of course:

a. the sun has warped her brain

b. their post/job has been spammed for a short tour to Helmand Province

:D :D :D 8)

p.. excuse gender if a 'he'.
  8. FFS I lived in a tent there for 6 months in 1974 courtesy of The Turkish Army.

Every time I asked for a posting there I was told "Youv'e already been there and somebody else should get a chance".

Keo and Pandemonium .... :headbang:
  9. Get out of Cyprus are you mad, me and Mr Clownfish hated our jobs out there but what a wionderful time we had, never wanted to come home. Although I did know some other deranged souls who hated it out there.
  10. Medic000

I would willingly swop jobs with you, even if it means me stripping a few beds etc. But I don't like ill people at all; how are you with implementation of Data Potection Act 98?
  11. Whats wrong have you shagged everyone on the Island already and need fresh meat aww didums imagine that the bad Army posting you somewhere cushy and with sun, sand and no taliban in sight! Dry your eyes you ungrateful Cnut!
  12. I know you! Good luck with that one though. Can't see your Corps being keen to allow that.... :(
  13. Definately a psychiatric case , I did four tours there and loved everyone , isnt this person aware that people pay lots of money to get out there for a holiday and he/she is out there for free and being paid for it ???
  14. DO you genuinely mean good luck in her transfer application RAF Nurse.

I served in the UNPA in 1996 and I am just now paying of my debts and detoxing my liver.

what a spot-
  15. loved 'everyone'? ..that's a whole lot of loving bud!!...........perhaps you just loved 'every one' eh?!!

I had a MSQ in Akrotiri and loved it ....beach clubs every afternoon...what a life!!