Trying to find a book

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by spike7451, Apr 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Maybe someone here can help me.It's out of print & all the usual sources came up nothing.
    It's called "They Stood in he Door" by Don Macnaughton. It's a semi biographical account of his time in the 16 Independant Parachute Brigade of the British Army in the 60's & 70's.I lent it to someone & never got it back.It's one of my favorite books & a good insite into Squaddie humour.
    I have the second in the three bbok set "They Stayed a Soldier".
    Thanks in advance.
  2. assuming you ment they stood in the door then try here

although i've never used them myself i dont know how good they are.

3. Hi Spike

You can buy that book for 9.95 from the following website, its a military history book website:
    Hope that helps. cheers
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

:D :D Cheers Guys!!! :D Just what I was looking for!!
    You're both added to the Chistmas Card list!!
    Thanks again!! :D :D
  5. A fantastic book service can be found here for all sorts of books, and the one you want is on there, along with They Stayed a Soldier (think that's right!).
  6. Many thanks ExPadBrat just spent £63.50 on a book i have been looking for, for quite a while.
  7. HOW MUCH????!!!!!!! 8O
  8. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Thanks EPB, I 've got "They Stayed a Soldier". "They Stood in the Door" is brilliant.It follows them thru basic & then onto op's.Been after a copy for years & since I lent the original out & never got it back i've been searching for a replacement copy.
    Thanks again peeps,
  9. Its been out of print since 1948 and seeing it at a bargain price with it being the history of my dad's division i just couldn't resist.
  10. Oh well in that case I'll consider it a bargain....! Was a bit worried lol... :lol:
  11. I found the erotic fetish photography books a little too tame and Mrs RHC wont have them in the house
  12. Spike

Thank's for this tread I had seen this book and like you forgotten the name of it but on finding it here I bought it off amazon for 1p and read it in two days. If you want this copy e-mail me your address and I will post to you, no charge.

Sorry Spike I'm a tit it was another book that someone helped me with but I will look out for it and if I find a copy will pass on the information.