Try and apply or foregone conclusion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the process of changing careers into the tech industry and was thinking of a good complementary second income/skill development opportunity to run parallel. I'm embarking on home studies for 2 GCSEs just to bulk up my quals before moving to IT certs.

I had spent a few years in 4 para (finished 2018 and have missed it since). I have recently been diagnosed with Ulcerative colitis and so my hopes of going 3MI look bleek. I've read the policy and know it states UC under 'medical conditions that might stop me or delay me in joining'

I have a year's worth of study to Aquire the min standard to apply anyway and am throwing the kitchen sink in terms of research, diet, and complimentary methods to the meds.

My question is do you think they will take it on a case by case basis? Is it worth trying? Or is it high time that I forgot all about it?

Any advice?

Cheers!

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
If only there happened to be a thread for this kind of thing..

anyway

Inflammatory bowel disease. Candidates with a history of inflammatory bowel disease, including but not limited to unspecified regional enteritis, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis or ulcerative proctitis are graded P8, regardless of treatment (including surgery).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads