Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Trump moves to ban bump stocks

As does any bolt action rifle.
Would that be a single shot bolt action rifle, by chance.
After all you can only shoot one bullet at a time.
Did you know that new-fangled repeating gun, the Lee Enfield, those that are in civilian hands.
Some chaps are not using the magazine cut-off but could have to up to ten rounds at once.
What was wrong with the Martini I just do not know.
And do not get me started on that Poudre V stuff either.:-D

Any link to your assertion that pointy steak knives are being sold as no stab?

"Have you seen the ‘no stab’ steak knives they sell now? Nanny state is here already to keep the sheeple safe."

Still no answer as to why a steak knife needs a point.

It's almost like he spends his entire life making things up on here...

He doesn’t care so much, he can’t wait to post his whiny posts. Same goes with Trump - his reach across the Atlantic to hurt little helm is amazing.

I wonder if he will refuse ever to enter the United States on holiday?
Are foreign tourists boycotting Disney world in droves?

Would that be a single shot bolt action rifle, by chance.
After all you can only shoot one bullet at a time.
Did you know that new-fangled repeating gun, the Lee Enfield, those that are in civilian hands.
Some chaps are not using the magazine cut-off but could have to up to ten rounds at once.
What was wrong with the Martini I just do not know.
And do not get me started on that Poudre V stuff either.:-D

Can't have Martinis, they kill people!
Ask Colour Sergeant Bourne.

Attendance figures were down 2 years ago don't know about now.
Cousin worked there installing a new cash handling system. Senior programmer and the most stereotypical nerd on the planet.
Now in Tokyo working for Toyota.
All that Asian trim will be wasted on him, if it's not 1s and 0s it's invisible.
I think he can see the matrix.

you do realise I'm married to an American, once again your ignorance is showing. I would imagine I've been to the USA a lot more than you.

Do you understand why most of the American's who own hand guns have them? It's for personal protection, in the, relatively unlikely, event they are confronted by armed criminal they want to be able to fight back.

Unless you have a way of making all of the millions of firearms currently in the hands of criminals in the US magically disappear and a way to stop the criminals being resupplied by the same people that supply their drugs then there is still going to be a threat of firearms crime. You are not going to convince ordinary Americans that they should all give up their means to protect themselves and their families until you can solve the problem of criminals having access to firearms.

I understand all that and can see why Americans have guns for hunting and why many think they need it for protection, or whatever.

But the US has a problem with gun violence which according to the stats and data is due to the number and types of guns available. And the problem it seems is unique amongst first world nations.

The US shouldn't be compared with Central and south American nations but other developed countries.

You only need to compare with Canada to see difference and whilst it's not the US it has similarities but manages it seems to achieve a lower gun death rate

I know you can't put the genie of mass gun ownership back in the bottle but mass gun ownership is apparently a significant reason for the problem. The constant debate over gun rights and entrenched views seems to be a stumbling block in moving forward. And a lot of the arguments put forward for keeping guns such as for protection or there's risks in everything don't seem to be based on evidence. It's mostly emotive, assumptive, urban myth and anecdotal. The odd example of a good guy stopping a bad guy is fine, but is that outweighed by the accidental shootings, murders or being killed by your own gun during a crime?

Ultimately it's up to the Americans to decide what they want and if mass shootings and high rates of gun deaths compared to other developed countries is acceptable to them, then fine. But the decision needs to be based on sound judgement and evidence, not the partisan sound bites that seems to be used in the public discourse on this.

My comments are based on peer reviewed papers written by American veterinary surgeons , available on Google scholar , I can direct you if want but you have to pay for most papers.

My comments are based on actually going out there and doing it and seeing others doing it and not taking the word of just a few peer reviews.

Derek Bird managed to kill twelve and wound eleven with a doubled barreled shotgun and a .22 bolt action rifle.

Yes, I was aware of that but had forgotten the details.

Of course Guns of that type can kill too and there is always the risk that some nut like Bird will come along and use them for that.

But again, the risk of being shot is low here in the UK because of the gun laws. Comparing the rates between th US and UK proves it.