Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Trump moves to ban bump stocks

According to this morning's news he initiated this after the Las Vegas shooting. Possibility bigging it up again in an effort to deflect criticism after last week's massacre. As you say it really makes no difference.

Apparently became pretty much unavailable since the Las Vegas shooting - caused by the Bubbas stocking up in anticipation of prohibitive legislation.

There are, however, several other types of similar stocks (in terms of effect) that do not use the "bump" principle. A similar effect can be achieved as I have previously posted elsewhere by the strategic placement of an elastic band - can't really see how even The Donald is going to prohibit those.

It's a start, very stable door now. Let's see how the NRA respond, that will be the weather gauge.

President Trump does nothing about guns ∴ Trump = Evil.

President Trump does something about guns = not enough ∴ Trump = Evil.

I suspect he'd get less flak if he issued a free AR to every man, woman and child in the USA.

I suspect he'd get less flak if he issued a free AR to every man, woman and child in the USA.

I imagine that'd get him re-elected, with a storming majority!

The bump-stocks thing is a bit nonsensical; they actually make a semi-automatic rifle less effective for rapid accurate shooting. Ironically, they'd be banning something that actually inhibits optimum use of a rifle.

As long as this ban is just a ban on bump stocks there should be no problem. Both parties, the President and the NRA supported getting rid of them after Las Vegas. It was adding a bunch of other non-related things to the bill that stopped it going through months ago.

The bump-stocks thing is a bit nonsensical; they actually make a semi-automatic rifle less effective for rapid accurate shooting. Ironically, they'd be banning something that actually inhibits optimum use of a rifle.

Do the rogue shooters care about marksmanship? Just hose the kiddies with lead.

Yes and no. That very inaccuracy in a confined area could cause mayhem. Per the Vegas shootings: you don't need accuracy to shoot fish in a barrel (God rest them).

Apparently became pretty much unavailable since the Las Vegas shooting - caused by the Bubbas stocking up in anticipation of prohibitive legislation.

There are, however, several other types of similar stocks (in terms of effect) that do not use the "bump" principle. A similar effect can be achieved as I have previously posted elsewhere by the strategic placement of an elastic band - can't really see how even The Donald is going to prohibit those.
You can bump fire s/auto shotguns with no gadgets so I`ve heard, just put your thumb in your jeans belt loop ....you get the idea , a mate nearly broke his thumb doing this with an A5 :)

President Trump does nothing about guns ∴ Trump = Evil.

President Trump does something about guns = not enough ∴ Trump = Evil.

Well, you only need to look at how much President Obama did about guns after multiple mass shootings during his eight years in charge to see how a REAL president reacts to such an atrocity... oh...

Too little, and far to late. Trump is a business man, no politician, the NRA have bought him, in the same way Jimmy Hoffa was bought by the Mafia. Hoffa was, and trump is morally corrupt, in that he allows outside interests to determine the fate of the very people he is supposed to represent, and protect!

Too little, and far to late. Trump is a VERY BAD business man, no politician, the NRA have bought him, in the same way Jimmy Hoffa was bought by the Mafia. Hoffa was, and trump is morally corrupt, in that he allows outside interests to determine the fate of the very people he is supposed to represent, and protect!

My bold,
FFOC

I think if it went to a national vote the majority of Americans would not want stricter firearms laws / control , their culture appears to be paranoid about the authorities controlling them , foreign invasion and zombie attacks, loads of guns are the only way to protect themselves in their minds.

Last edited: