Trump moves to ban bump stocks

I believe you would be surprised the amount of time, effort and work most US hunters put into the upcoming hunts. That and hunters in all States must pass a Department of Natural Resourced DNR hunter safety classes.

I think you are making some really wide sweeping comments here mate, based on what, I don't know.
My comments are based on peer reviewed papers written by American veterinary surgeons , available on Google scholar , I can direct you if want but you have to pay for most papers.

Weapons terminology on your side of the Atlantic is very different to that used over here, one example is to call a rifle a gun, which you all seem to do, also a pistol is either a Revolver or a Pistol and not just a 'Handgun.'
The vast majority of people in the UK call rifles guns. Probably because they are, in fact, guns.

The “good reason” aspect is difficult area, because how do you define “good reason”? It isn’t nearly as clear cut as any one side thinks. So you end up drawing parallels, where you get into the problem of how people see equivalence.

One could use swords as an equivalence. Going by the standards of gun control, No one has a “good reason” to own one, so if we ban firearms on the basis of “no good reason”, logically we should also ban swords. Following that same logic, one has to go along the line banning lots of things that people have no “good reason” to own. By the same logic, you could come up with all sorts of bans for equipment for all sorts of hobbies, based on whether you think those hobbies are necessary.

That’s the key to it, in my opinion. Whether people see shooting sports as an acceptable hobby, or self-defence as an acceptable reason to own something. At least on the question of guns or no guns, of particular types or in general.

meerkatz said:
Points in favour of the AR-15 as a hunting rifle.

It’s very durable and fully weather resistant.
It’s light.
It’s extremely accurate, more so than many bolt action rifles
.223 was a purpose designed small game round.

As stated before, most States have have a 10 round limit for any hunting rifle.
They are not a weather resistant as say a Tikka bolt action in stainless and general production AR15`s are not very accurate at all , only the custom shop ones shoot very well , the biggest problem with them (and the owners) is you can fit any capacity mag to them and they are semi auto , the biggest attraction for too many owners is they like the fact they are based on the current US assault rife and it makes them feel like a SF soljer.

CptDanjou
Could you be any more of a fucktard by chance? However after reading your posts I gather you have quite a bit more drivel to spout.
Guess you fall into the never served categories and like to have semi auto rifles because they make you feel like you were a real soljer and owning an AR attracts men of your type ? bet you always wear combats as well and camo trainers , you weird cnut.

Guess you fall into the never served categories and like to have semi auto rifles because they make you feel like you were a real soljer and owning an AR attracts men of your type ? bet you always wear combats as well and camo trainers , you weird cnut.
As I said before - I'm interested in a Semi auto rifle

Im looking for something along theses lines.

10_BAR-Safari-MID-031001-l.jpg

Not quite sure how that conforms in any way to soljer wanna be imagery.

As an aside Im not a fan of military looking rifles etc - seem to lack elegance in appearance so not interested in anything resembling AR's

and the ‘I’m losing the argument so I’ll play the you never served’ card is played.

Funnily enough, us civilians are trusted to keep guns at home and use them without supervision.
This mindset that guns must be kept in armouries , locked away from people and only used under close adult supervision might explain why so many ex service people in the UK don’t like the idea of civilian gun ownership.

and the ‘I’m losing the argument so I’ll play the you never served’ card is played.

Funnily enough, us civilians are trusted to keep guns at home and use them without supervision.
This mindset that guns must be kept in armouries , locked away from people and only used under close adult supervision might explain why so many ex service people in the UK don’t like the idea of civilian gun ownership.

The nanny state black helicopters come for your steak knives yet?

Yes, you can harm someone with a hatchet, a hammer, a screwdriver, a salami, a sharpened stick, a brick, a steel toe capped boot, a scaffold pole, a machete, and on and on and on.......
My oh my!
Whatever did this ‘Someone’ do to you.

Yes I would include handguns. I wouldn't limit a review on what should be allowed to just AR15 or whatever other style of semi auto rifle or firearm. Americans kill each other and themselves intentionally or accidentally more than any other first world country. You need to look at why and the proliferation of guns of whatever sort is probably the reason.
Do you understand why most of the American's who own hand guns have them? It's for personal protection, in the, relatively unlikely, event they are confronted by armed criminal they want to be able to fight back.

Unless you have a way of making all of the millions of firearms currently in the hands of criminals in the US magically disappear and a way to stop the criminals being resupplied by the same people that supply their drugs then there is still going to be a threat of firearms crime. You are not going to convince ordinary Americans that they should all give up their means to protect themselves and their families until you can solve the problem of criminals having access to firearms.

Can’t afford steak, spent all my money on guns
Any link to your assertion that pointy steak knives are being sold as no stab?

"Have you seen the ‘no stab’ steak knives they sell now? Nanny state is here already to keep the sheeple safe."

Still no answer as to why a steak knife needs a point.

They don't no matter how many times you snivel that they do, I've also carried them on operations how about you?

So they weren't your guns, and you were only permitted to hold them under close adult supervision before they were taken away from you again.

Any link to your assertion that pointy steak knives are being sold as no stab?

"Have you seen the ‘no stab’ steak knives they sell now? Nanny state is here already to keep the sheeple safe."

Still no answer as to why a steak knife needs a point.
To stab a steak. I like my steak saw raw it's still got a moo.

You seem very overwrought and emotionally about something that won’t affect you. Maybe you should rest in a dark room for a bit and calm your fears?
He doesn’t care so much, he can’t wait to post his whiny posts. Same goes with Trump - his reach across the Atlantic to hurt little helm is amazing.