Trump moves to ban bump stocks

You mean the AR10 then , not the AR15 which I was talking about , which ever you dont need a semi auto to hunt , it really is that simple.
As I said stated before, that's your opinion and your entitled to it. But aside from the AR-10, how about the other calibers I mentioned. the 6.8 SPC and the 6.5 Grendel? They are just a couple of the calibers based on the AR-15 platform calibers, do you reckon they are underpowered for hunting?

A persons choice of firearms for hunting has very little bearing on the hunt be it an AR or a bolt action rifle. What counts is the person behind the rifle and not the rifle itself, the rifle regardless of type is just the tool.

Last edited:
Many people , particularly in the US are incompetent hunters.
I believe you would be surprised the amount of time, effort and work most US hunters put into the upcoming hunts. That and hunters in all States must pass a Department of Natural Resourced DNR hunter safety classes.

I think you are making some really wide sweeping comments here mate, based on what, I don't know.

Last edited:
Whoops, premie, age thing!

Meerkats, you know exactly what my point is but you’re being deliberately obtuse. It’s your people’s children getting killed mate, crack on
No, it’s a valid point. the Ruger 10/22 is used as an urban sniping tool by the IDF.
So you see, firearms dont conveniently break down into good, bad, very naughty.

You really are simple the Lee Enfield was only effective at rapid fire due to the training given to the shooters, stick with Google. Any mong like you say, can rapid fire with AR15
To be fair Meerkatz did say - compared to what had gone before-

Compared to brown bess the Lee Enfield WAS a rapid firing dealer of death

Back on thread.

Tell me Americans, why do you need or want a semi automatic rifle?
Although not American - being a tad disabled a semi auto is easier for me in certain conditions

I would contend the issue isn't operation type but magazine capacity - My shotgun was a semi auto with a 5 round magazine . Said magazine had a crimp in it limiting capacity to the UK acceptable 2.

Rather than railing against a type of operation - would it not be better to focus on magazine capacity Or perhaps better still "civilian" firearms have a modification that prevents rapid changing of magazines. Im thinking on the lines of the old Lee Enfield (which in fact would be easier to reload than a semi auto if the magazine wasn't easily removable)

Although not American - being a tad disabled a semi auto is easier for me in certain conditions

I would contend the issue isn't operation type but magazine capacity - My shotgun was a semi auto with a 5 round magazine . Said magazine had a crimp in it limiting capacity to the UK acceptable 2.

Rather than railing against a type of operation - would it not be better to focus on magazine capacity Or perhaps better still "civilian" firearms have a modification that prevents rapid changing of magazines. Im thinking on the lines of the old Lee Enfield (which in fact would be easier to reload than a semi auto if the magazine wasn't easily removable)
Could you 'uncrimp' the magazine?

We have those in California - You think we have less mass shootings because of it?

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
I see you had a discussion about something totally irrelavant to mass shootings (and gun crime in general).
Well done... and you are a 'shooter all your life' and dont know your firearms terminology?
Weapons terminology on your side of the Atlantic is very different to that used over here, one example is to call a rifle a gun, which you all seem to do, also a pistol is either a Revolver or a Pistol and not just a 'Handgun.'

How is ABS a hinderance? .
It can be in certain circumstances Gravel roads and snow being 2 examples where non ABS stop quicker ( by virtue of building a wall in front of the wheel). Traction control can also be a liability in extreme conditions**

**Ive seen a 4x4 fail at traversing dunes until the traction control fuse was pulled - after which nary a problem
Essentially before crest lift off power and coast over* traction control senses wheel slip applies brakes and basically stops the vehicle leaving it bellied out atop the dune

*Mis judging and going over full tilt is a fecking scary and B) does nothing for your propshaft and suspension - it also causes your roof rack to move forward 6 inches (I was in the passenger seat).