Trump moves to ban bump stocks

The strongest of arguments is because we can YOU dont have a say in what Americans can possess as firearms. We simply dont care what You wish, or whine or want. I tried to be civil but frankly I dont give **** one what anyone who is not an American citizen wants or thinks about an American Constitutional right.
That’s what I love about Americans. As the current (not for that long) number one economic and military power. They enjoy telling all other countries what they’re doing wrong. The second somebody has the audacity to point out a fault with them, they go on full isolationist mode, telling everyone it none of their business.

I do, it’s called risk reward management.

You are more likely to be killed on the road driving to the shops in the UK than shot in the USA. Riding a motorbike on the road in the UK is like walking through Compton with a KKK t shirt in the risk reward stakes.
Do you stop driving to the shops?
That risk is already being taken out of your hands and you can do nothing about it.

Charles Whitman used a .243 Remington 700 rifle, the classic deer hunting rifle, with a 3 round internal magazine.
I like the way you cherry pick facts. You sorta omitted that Whitman used 6 different firearms, including a semi auto M1 carbine and had over 700 rounds ready to go. If the Remington was capable of what he wanted to do, why did he use 5 other guns as well?

Today on the local talk radio:

Lots of hysterical frothers here in Englandshire phoning in about how dangerous America is with all them guns.

‘Coming next on talk radio....., call now for your chance to win a family holiday in Florida!’

I laughed, and I’ll bet the self same hysterical frothers complaining about Guns in Florida were hitting the speed dial to win a holiday in... Florida.

The strongest of arguments is because we can YOU dont have a say in what Americans can possess as firearms. We simply dont care what You wish, or whine or want. I tried to be civil but frankly I dont give **** one what anyone who is not an American citizen wants or thinks about an American Constitutional right.
As I Brit I dont give shit either about your fcuked country , its a complete mess socially and economically and I wouldnt live there , geographically its an amazing place , shame its populated by morons ....just saying like.

Well sorry, I disagree...

and please stop twisting my logic to imply that I am suggesting that "good guys" should shoot "bad guys".. the only "good guys" in this argument are wearing uniform and are already armed...
Apologies. I wasn't clear. I didn't mean that you were suggesting the good guys should shoot the bad guys. In a simplistic way I was generalising the two opposing views in the overall gun debate. I know there's more to it than that.

From your link no mention of children, and again what function does having a point serve on a knife used to slice?

"

Description
Over the years, both customer needs and technology have changed. The Swiss Army knife has evolved by responding to these needs, while remaining an essential tool our clients can rely on. That's our story. But it's not what turned the victorinox knife into an icon. It's about the stories our customers experienced in which our products played a vital role: stories about memorable moments of adventure and expeditions on earth, in the sky and in space. Dramatic stories in which our products contributed to solutions and saved lives. Even stories of prominent encounters where our knives opened doors, helping to create ties between politicians, opinion leaders and nations. In all of these stories it becomes clear that thanks to the talent of our EMPLOYEES we have been able to develop products that excel in their functionality, quality and design - making them true Companions for life. We invite you to discover the world of victorinox and are proud to be a companion for your life. Thank you for your interest and trust in victorinox."

But its OK to run people over until then?
In any case, I'm not being designed out, and won't be for some time. All the modern safety systems still rely on having a human driver and that driver is still liable for his car.

I have. AI is probably the most mis-used term I've ever come across and fuzzy logic, as I understand it, is a more complicated set of If-then statements. You could use the latter to generate a gradual response, but I'm not aware of any learning algorithm being used in any safety critical application.
So. Should my car, and any like it, be banned?
We could go further back, and start banning classic cars which don't have even the limited safety systems my car does.
No you're not being phased out are you?

Perhaps, but we're all kibitzers at heart. ARRSE has an infestation of the species and everyone's an expert.

Don't give a shit myself and have no truck with Trump but what does amuse me is that he's annoying the right people (ie, pretty much everyone). The swooning and teddy throwing when he got elected was beautiful to watch.
Oh, it's hilarious watching the hankie-twisters. They daren't let go of their anti-Trump firehose now.

I like the way you cherry pick facts. You sorta omitted that Whitman used 6 different firearms, including a semi auto M1 carbine and had over 700 rounds ready to go. If the Remington was capable of what he wanted to do, why did he use 5 other guns as well?

He also had knives and an axe with him, but he shot 16 people with the Remington 700, that’s why it’s a museum exhibit.

Washington DC Museum to Display Charles Whitman's Famous Rifle

Last edited:
I think the best way to get the Septics in line would be to have very strict licensing on anything semi auto above rimfire , licenses only being issued to those with good reason (there are not many if any reasons) , magazine capacity restricted to five or ten rounds max , annual psychological testing for those with a semi auto license , possession of any unlicensed firearm or high capacity mag carrying a minimum jail time of five years , possession of full auto or equipment to adapt to full auto carrying ten years minimum jail , I believe that would certainly help but of course it will never happen because of the paranoid American mindset .
Would all make sense, in that it would allow people to have their fun (hunting, target shooting) while reducing the risk. You'll never eliminate all risk, and indeed, a world without risk wouldn't be worth living in, but currently, the US does not have a healthy balance between "nanny-stating" and failing to protect.

Fortunately, it does look as if increasing numbers of conservatives are also starting to realise this and are willing to do something about the over-availability of semi-automatic weapons. Once that willingness ceases to be the preserve of what NRA types would call "libtards" then things will finally start to happen.

The one thing I might add to your scheme would be the possibility for pretty well any weapon to be held at a range, for use exclusively on that range. Dunno how realistic it is to hope that weapons won't get stolen/illegally lent out, but if that could be sorted, there'd be no reason not to have fully automatic weapons available at gun clubs/ranges. I'd certainly pay to have a go on a Bren again :)

Oddly enough, thats pretty much the consensus opinion of ARRSE about you.

You've never served in HM Armed Forces, you've probably never set foot in England and you're getting a hissy fit because some Limeys are discussing events in the US.

Nobody is making you look in here, are they?

What you are seeing here Goldbricker is libtard projection.

They can’t trust themselves, and we know how violent and over emotional left winger seems to be, with a firearm , so they project that everyone is as emotional and prone to rage as them.
What they basically want to do is ban themselves from access to firearms by banning everyone so no one will point the finger at their failings.
Eh??

As I Brit I dont give shit either about your fcuked country , its a complete mess socially and economically and I wouldnt live there , geographically its an amazing place , shame its populated by morons ....just saying like.
Was probably fine until we Europeans started arriving a few centuries ago.

From your link no mention of children, and again what function does having a point serve on a knife used to slice?

"

Description
Over the years, both customer needs and technology have changed. The Swiss Army knife has evolved by responding to these needs, while remaining an essential tool our clients can rely on. That's our story. But it's not what turned the victorinox knife into an icon. It's about the stories our customers experienced in which our products played a vital role: stories about memorable moments of adventure and expeditions on earth, in the sky and in space. Dramatic stories in which our products contributed to solutions and saved lives. Even stories of prominent encounters where our knives opened doors, helping to create ties between politicians, opinion leaders and nations. In all of these stories it becomes clear that thanks to the talent of our EMPLOYEES we have been able to develop products that excel in their functionality, quality and design - making them true Companions for life. We invite you to discover the world of victorinox and are proud to be a companion for your life. Thank you for your interest and trust in victorinox."

Stay safe citizen!

Acme Super Safety Scissors - BLICK art materials