Trump moves to ban bump stocks

I mentioned it a few times - Spree killings are done by nutters. The FBI and Law enforcement have repeatably dropped the ball when dealing with these whack jobs. At least 39 contacts with the police for this latest shooter, plus two FBI tips and they didn't at least get a Psych evaluation? Charge him with something? Mental health evaluations need to be done often and linked to the NICS check which would prevent them getting firearms.

There needs to be some mental health custodial places too - some people just cant be allowed to roam the streets.

Gun violence in general - that involves fixing these inner city POC areas. Black on black violence is the vast majority of gun violence and i would start by kicking peopl out of goverment housing and off welfare if there kids are found with guns. I would break them up and spread the communities all over. Heavy community policing, harsh sentences and repercussions for gun crime.
You mean treating the disease systemically rather than treating the symptoms with a sticking plaster?

Sort out things like Healthcare, poverty, social exclusion, family breakdown. Stuff like that?

Communist!

AR15s are a popular hunting rifle. There are also quite a few used for target shooting.

Saying any firearm exists to kill people is like saying any knife exists to kill people. If so, what do you use to cut your steak? (kitchen knives being the most common knife used in knife crime, not military bayonets or swords).

Your statement is factually incorrect and using emotive language more suited to the Daily Mail.

"assault rifle" is a poorly defined term, which seems to apply more to the cosmetics of the rifle, not its capability. I could do just as much damage in a school with a Ruger 10-22 target rifle as I could an AR15.

Edits for spelling and fat fingers on a phone keyboard
The AR15 is certainly not necessary for hunting , popular or not , in hunting terms the AR only offers relatively low power round options so is only suitable for small deer and foxes /coyotes and the likes , anyone who has hunted deer knows that you would never need more than 3 rounds when hunting small deer, those who claim they need a 20 rnd mag are idiots who should not be allowed to hunt , in addition a bolt action is generally a perfect rifle type for hunting anything on four legs, if you are hunting driven wild boar a 3-4 shot semi auto maybe fine in .270 and bigger , a rifle such as a current production BAR is ideal as is a .444 lever action or similar.
In reality high mag capacity semi autos might be fun to shoot on the range but are not needed for any type of hunting anywhere in the world for any species.

Last edited:
The AR15 is certainly not necessary for hunting , popular or not , in hunting terms the AR only offers relatively low power round options so is only suitable for small deer and foxes /coyotes and the likes , anyone who has hunted deer knows that you would never need more than 3 rounds when hunting small deer, those who claim they need a 20 rnd mag are idiots who should not be allowed to hunt , in addition a bolt action is generally a perfect rifle type for hunting anything on four legs, if you are hunting driven wild boar a 3-4 shot semi auto maybe fine in .270 and bigger , a rifle such as a current production BAR is ideal as is a .444 lever action or similar.
In reality high mag capacity semi autos might be fun to shoot on the range but are not needed for any type of hunting anywhere in the world for any species.

Most states have a 10 round magazine limit for hunting, and .223 Remington was originally designed for exactly the game you’ve described.

More correctly, .223 is really too small for shooting people, a complaint about the Calibre since it became a NATO standard.

And bolt action. Might as well ban Muzzle loaders too, just in case. Crossbows as well....

Next will be legislation on the length of knives we can buy... Slippery slope to a nanny state.

Have you seen the ‘no stab’ steak knives they sell now?
Nanny state is here already to keep the sheeple safe.

I mentioned it a few times - Spree killings are done by nutters. The FBI and Law enforcement have repeatably dropped the ball when dealing with these whack jobs. At least 39 contacts with the police for this latest shooter, plus two FBI tips and they didn't at least get a Psych evaluation? Charge him with something? Mental health evaluations need to be done often and linked to the NICS check which would prevent them getting firearms.

There needs to be some mental health custodial places too - some people just cant be allowed to roam the streets.

Gun violence in general - that involves fixing these inner city POC areas. Black on black violence is the vast majority of gun violence and i would start by kicking peopl out of goverment housing and off welfare if there kids are found with guns. I would break them up and spread the communities all over. Heavy community policing, harsh sentences and repercussions for gun crime.

Let’s not be pointing the finger at the POC!

What?

If you are not a ghetto hood, bother to go to school and get a job, your chance of being shot in America is so low as to be statistically almost off the bottom of the scale? Re you saying it’s true that most POC shootings are other POC people shooting them fir dealing drugs, robbing and stuff?

That’s unpossible!

The original article re investing, not Forbes. The third world shithole from which I'm posting doesn't allow enough bandwidth to edit posts to rectify what I saw immediately as an ambiguous question.

May we assume the writer of the article has wealth counted in billions and is well known as an entrepeneur?
Maybe better to assume that the writer didn't inherit billions from his father and proceed to blow it on failure after failure.

The AR15 is certainly not necessary for hunting , popular or not , in hunting terms the AR only offers relatively low power round options so is only suitable for small deer and foxes /coyotes and the likes , anyone who has hunted deer knows that you would never need more than 3 rounds when hunting small deer, those who claim they need a 20 rnd mag are idiots who should not be allowed to hunt , in addition a bolt action is generally a perfect rifle type for hunting anything on four legs,....
I was referring to its popularity as a hunting rifle. Not suitablity.

That said, from what I have read, it does appear to do the job on smaller game. Just because you have a 20rnd mag does not mean you need or will use every round to bring down Bambi.

Your point is like arguing we should ban the use of high performance cars on the public roads. Why do we need a 200mph vehicle to go shopping? If driven properly a 1000cc Fiesta does the job equally well. Its also smaller and lighter with less emissions. Therefore lower polluting and has less momentum and damage in an accident.

That said, from what I have read, it does appear to do the job on smaller game. Just because you have a 20rnd mag does not mean you need or will use every round to bring down Bambi.

Your point is like arguing we should ban the use of high performance cars on the public roads. Why do we need a 200mph vehicle to go shopping? If driven properly a 1000cc Fiesta does the job equally well. Its also smaller and lighter with less emissions. Therefore lower polluting and has less momentum and damage in an accident.

Points in favour of the AR-15 as a hunting rifle.

It’s very durable and fully weather resistant.
It’s light.
It’s extremely accurate, more so than many bolt action rifles
.223 was a purpose designed small game round.

As stated before, most States have have a 10 round limit for any hunting rifle.

Points in favour of the AR-15 as a hunting rifle.

It’s very durable and fully weather resistant.
It’s light.
It’s extremely accurate, more so than many bolt action rifles
.223 was a purpose designed small game round.

As stated before, most States have have a 10 round limit for any hunting rifle.
They are not as weather resistant as say a Tikka bolt action in stainless and general production AR15`s are not very accurate at all , only the custom shop ones shoot very well , the biggest problem with them (and the owners) is you can fit any capacity mag to them and they are semi auto , the biggest attraction for too many owners is they like the fact they are based on the current US assault rife and it makes them feel like a SF soljer.

Last edited:
.............the biggest attraction for too many owners is they like the fact they are based on the current US assault rife and it makes them feel like a SF soljer.
Too true. People that have never served in the armed forces (of any country), and the closest they ever came to serving is passing the salt at lunch in Main Building canteen. Yet they 'want' an AR15 derivative because it gives them a warm glow and 'admiring glances' from fellow shooters.

They are not a weather resistant as say a Tikka bolt action in stainless and general production AR15`s are not very accurate at all , only the custom shop ones shoot very well , the biggest problem with them (and the owners) is you can fit any capacity mag to them and they are semi auto , the biggest attraction for too many owners is they like the fact they are based on the current US assault rife and it makes them feel like a SF soljer.

Really?

Both mine are Mil spec parkerised, anodised and Teflon coated out of the box.
Accuracy? They shoot as good, or better than gun shop bolt actions of the same price range. The widely touted claims AR-15s aren’t accurate is pure BS as anyone who’s been to Camp Perry will confirm.
This obsession with mags. If you are hunting, it’s an offence to use anything other than a 10 round mag. They are sold for that reason.

As fir your last bit, so let’s ban all militarily derived firearms.
I propose we start with the Brown Bess.

I've mentioned before. Driverless cars won't be speeding. Have you driven a modern well-equipped car? It won’t crash into the car in front, it'll apply the brakes quicker than you can, and it knows the stopping distance for the speed you’re doing. It knows which lane it's in and if you wander, it'll nudge you back. It knows where you are on the planet, the speed of that road, and where all the speed cameras are. When you get to your destination it'll park itself. The weakest part of modern cars is the human interface, and it cannot compensate for a fcukwit driving it.

The car like a gun cannot judge or who is operating it. If you want to prevent fcukwits from causing mayhem, the only fool proof way to stop them, is to remove the human option.

I've mentioned before. Driverless cars won't be speeding. Have you driven a modern well-equipped car? It won’t crash into the car in front, it'll apply the brakes quicker than you can, and it knows the stopping distance for the speed you’re doing. It knows which lane it's in and if you wander, it'll nudge you back. It knows where you are on the planet, the speed of that road, and where all the speed cameras are. When you get to your destination it'll park itself. The weakest part of modern cars is the human interface, and it cannot compensate for a fcukwit driving it.

The car like a gun cannot judge or who is operating it. If you want to prevent fcukwits from causing mayhem, the only fool proof way to stop them, is to remove the human option.

How do you make it through the day with so much danger about you?