Trump moves to ban bump stocks

You really are simple the Lee Enfield was only effective at rapid fire due to the training given to the shooters, stick with Google. Any mong like you say, can rapid fire with AR15

Really? Do you do any competitive shooting with an AR-15?
Where's the magic switch that makes all the bullets find their target coz I cant find it.

I see we are back to the fixation with AR-15s, despite the fact that the highest death toll in a school shooting in the US was carried out with two handguns.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Really? Do you do any competitive shooting with an AR-15?
Where's the magic switch that makes all the bullets find their target coz I cant find it.
You do realise there's a difference between aiming and shooting right? Carry on making yourself look stupid, it's all you are good at

So you ban those too. Simples.
And bolt action. Might as well ban Muzzle loaders too, just in case. Crossbows as well....

Next will be legislation on the length of knives we can buy... Slippery slope to a nanny state.

And bolt action. Might as well ban Muzzle loaders too, just in case. Crossbows as well....

Next will be legislation on the length of knives we can buy... Slippery slope to a nanny state.
Don't be ridiculous. There seems an obvious problem in the US with gun deaths and injuries compared even with Canada and denigrating the discussion by bringing spurious arguments such as crossbows isn't helping.

Your solution though seems to be to do nothing.

Isn't that so or have I got that wrong?

Don't be ridiculous. There seems an obvious problem in the US with gun deaths and injuries compared even with Canada and denigrating the discussion by bringing spurious arguments such as crossbows isn't helping.

He has a very valid point. Anything that impacts the huge hunting hobby in the States will be resisted furiously by the Fudd gunners.

After June of this year in California - you cant buy AR15 with any type of mag release/pistol grip/flash eliminator etc, you cant hand your existing Semi autos over to children on your death, background checks on ammo. We already have waiting periods, background checks, mandatory gun locks/ gun safes, no mag release, no over 10 rd mags, safety tests, mandatory locked weapons, no lending of weapons ( even family after June), Gun registrations, no new pistol models available for sale...and on and on.

And guess what - we still have mass shootings. The criminals are still armed. So all the laws they passed only affected one group of shooters... The law abiding.

Give them an inch and they keep taking until you get the U.K. Record knife crime and citizens cant defend themselves.

Last edited:
After June of this year in California - you cant buy AR15 with any type of mag release/pistol grip/flash eliminator etc, you cant hand your existing Semi autos over to children on your death, background checks on ammo. We already have waiting periods, background checks, mandatory gun locks/ gun safes, no mag release, no over 10 rd mags, safety tests, mandatory locked weapons, no lending of weapons ( even family after June), Gun registrations, no new pistol models available for sale...and on and on.

And guess what - we still have mass shootings. The criminals are still armed. So all the laws they passed only affected one group of shooters... The law abiding.

Give them an inch and they keep taking until you get the U.K. Record knife crime and citizens cant defend themselves.

This chappy here has crunched some numbers to dispel the knife myth

Dispelling The Myth

Yes you are more likely to be a knife crime victim in the US than in the UK, by 1.2 odd in England and Wales. But that also includes threats and wounding, not just killing.

Whereas in the states you're 35 times more likely to have a fatal shooting.

So what would be your solution to the spree shootings and gun violence?

Dispelling The Myth

Yes you are more likely to be a knife crime victim in the US than in the UK, by 1.2 odd in England and Wales. But that also includes threats and wounding, not just killing.

Why ask him? He doesn't care, as long as he's allowed to keep his toys.

Dispelling The Myth

I mentioned it a few times - Spree killings are done by nutters. The FBI and Law enforcement have repeatably dropped the ball when dealing with these whack jobs. At least 39 contacts with the police for this latest shooter, plus two FBI tips and they didn't at least get a Psych evaluation? Charge him with something? Mental health evaluations need to be done often and linked to the NICS check which would prevent them getting firearms.

There needs to be some mental health custodial places too - some people just cant be allowed to roam the streets.

Gun violence in general - that involves fixing these inner city POC areas. Black on black violence is the vast majority of gun violence and i would start by kicking peopl out of goverment housing and off welfare if there kids are found with guns. I would break them up and spread the communities all over. Heavy community policing, harsh sentences and repercussions for gun crime.

Back on thread.

Tell me Americans, why do you need or want a semi automatic rifle?
Since we have had them since 1903 why do YOU care?

Remington Model 8
Winchester Model 1903
Winchester Model 1905
Winchester Model 1907

Winchester Model 1910

all these were popular US sporting arms before WW1 broke out

Um, mag on an SLR (shit weapon btw) remind me how many rounds? 75 round AR mags available in the US? Bump stock? That, mate, is a combination designed to kill people, innocent people, not deer, not coyote, not burglars and not Memphis wanna be gangsters.
I spend a lot of time in the US, sadly a sick society.
DSA makes a 50 rd drum for the FAL
DS Arms - X Products 50 Round Metric FAL Drum Magazine

Then theres also L4 bren mags for allyness....

I do so love your sanctimonious pronouncement of being only designed to kill the innocent funny that you are frightened of the danger in US society yet keep exposing yourself to it. Guess that money trumps your scruples, eh?

DSA makes a 50 rd drum for the FAL
DS Arms - X Products 50 Round Metric FAL Drum Magazine

Then theres also L4 bren mags for allyness....

I do so love your sanctimonious pronouncement of being only designed to kill the innocent funny that you are frightened of the danger in US society yet keep exposing yourself to it. Guess that money trumps your scruples, eh?
I travel to the US quite regularly, I am more concerned when it comes to violence at being stabbed or shot with a handgun, semi auto rifles are not an issue in my books.

In comparison to the US population would the number of people who hunt be considered huge or a minority.
That's a little difficult to pinpoint exactly. For instance in 2017, 16 million firearms season Deer kill tags were sold in the US and that is just for Deer. On top of that there is also the other species that are hunted and they can differ from State to State.

By that I mean that some States have wild pigs that are hunted and some States have very few to no wild pigs. Then there are the other species that are hunted such as Coyotes, Fox, Moose, Elk, Mountain Lion, Pigs, Bear, Raccoon, Geese, Ducks, Pheasant, Wild Turkey, Rabbit, Pronghorn Antelope, Bison, Mountain Goat, Desert Bighorn Sheep, to name just a few.

US Deer hunters alone brought in close to a Billion dollars for the different States and that money is ploughed back into conservation. Hunting and fishing in the US is a multi billion dollar thing and the various State Departments of Natural Resources depend on that money a heck of a lot.

Since we have had them since 1903 why do YOU care?

Remington Model 8
Winchester Model 1903
Winchester Model 1905
Winchester Model 1907

Winchester Model 1910

all these were popular US sporting arms before WW1 broke out
I'll add that to the defence for owning one to the others so far, which consist of...

"Because I can"

"Why not"

and

"Since we have had them since 1903 why do YOU care?"

It's not the strongest of arguments.