Trump moves to ban bump stocks

Still no answer to the problem though black or white. You don't have one do you?
There isn't one solution. The gun crime problem isn't the same as the suicide problem which isn't the same as the spree shooter problem. A possible solution to one may well aggravate another.

It's not that that Americans can't be arsed solving these problems, it's that they are all complex and each of them requires a range of new legislation and new services (all of which are likely to be very expensive).

Given how unlikely it is for the average American to be affected by gun related issues they just don't see it as the massive issue that many on here seem to.

Statistically, flying is the safest form of public transport, until it goes wrong, when it then becomes the most dangerous.
And still people fly.
Maybe you might want to rethink using aviation as an example because it kinda goes against your agenda. The aviation industry has more regulations,laws,and rules than any other form of transportation in human history. If you applied 1/10th the number of laws that the FAA uses, to firearms in the US, there would be an end to the majority of gun problems instantly.

Any small amendment to gun law in the US will be meaningless as there are so many guns out there in the, what we in Britain call the Grey Pool, Those who have guns for legitimate use and have good gun manners/skills, take home security for the gun seriously, will be the only people effected. The NRA are worried that even a small amendment will get carried along in an impetus of new legislation and tighter controls of the law abiding. This is what is at the heart of the American gun ownership row dividing the USA. The NRA donated a fair lump of cash to the Trump election Campaign with this in mind.

There isn't one solution. The gun crime problem isn't the same as the suicide problem which isn't the same as the spree shooter problem. A possible solution to one may well aggravate another.

It's not that that Americans can't be arsed solving these problems, it's that they are all complex and each of them requires a range of new legislation and new services (all of which are likely to be very expensive).

Given how unlikely it is for the average American to be affected by gun related issues they just don't see it as the massive issue that many on here seem to.
The average American is being affected now though, but I don't see them changing.

Last edited:
Still no answer to the problem though black or white. You don't have one do you?

Whats your solution?

Ban Black people? After all, black people are 26 times more likely to be shot to death in Wisconsin than white people.

How about Vermont?
Armed to the teeth, effectively no firearms laws, yet the lowest murder rate in the Union.

Maybe you might want to rethink using aviation as an example because it kinda goes against your agenda. The aviation industry has more regulations,laws,and rules than any other form of transportation in human history. If you applied 1/10th the number of laws that the FAA uses, to firearms in the US, there would be an end to the majority of gun problems instantly.

And isn't it something like 9 out of 10 crashes are pilot error?
'You can't legislate against stupid' as the Cousins like to say.

Whats your solution?

Ban Black people? After all, black people are 26 times more likely to be shot to death in Wisconsin than white people.

How about Vermont?
Armed to the teeth, effectively no firearms laws, yet the lowest murder rate in the Union.
The last bloke was white though, and the one who took shooting fish in a barrel to a new level. I would guess the black death rate figure is largely due to gangs, drugs, and turf wars, with a lot of black on black killings, this doesn't effect the average white American . When a whitey goes postal they go for the numbers game, and they don't care white, black or whatever. This does effect the white population, and it's coming to a school, college, mall, pop concert with frightening regularity.

And isn't it something like 9 out of 10 crashes are pilot error?
'You can't legislate against stupid' as the Cousins like to say.
No you can’t legislate against stupid, but you can control every single solitary aspect down to a nut and bolt as to what is allowed to fly.....

No you can’t legislate against stupid, but you can control every single solitary aspect down to a nut and bolt as to what is allowed to fly.....

Controil every nut and bolt? They tried that, 94 Assault Weapon ban.
No flash hiders, no telescoping stocks, limits on removable mags, no bayonet lugs, 10 round mag limit, no pistols grips - utter flop.

One was an evil 'assault weapon', one was a fully compliant 'sporting rifle'

MiniAR (1).png

The last bloke was white though, and the one who took shooting fish in a barrel to a new level. I would guess the black death rate figure is largely due to gangs, drugs, and turf wars, with a lot of black on black killings, this doesn't effect the average white American . When a whitey goes postal they go for the numbers game, and they don't care white, black or whatever. This does effect the white population, and it's coming to a school, college, mall, pop concert with frightening regularity.
Totally incorrect - The prison population is well over half black and blacks are less than 15% of the population. They dis-proportionally commit more crime than they should.

51% of Murders were committed by POC
28% of rape were committed by POC
53% of robberies were committed by POC
64% of aggravated assaults were committed by POC
67% of Motor Vehicle thefts were committed by POC

Unfortunately - I am hardwired by nature to think a little differently about black males that I dont know.

Table 43

Unfortunately - I am hardwired by nature to think a little differently about black males that I dont know.

Table 43

Thats racist! POC in America are done down and don't have the opportunities that white people have!

Whats that?

A POC has been Chairman of the Joint Chiefs?!?! Secretary of State?!?!? President??!?!?!?

Unpossible!

Totally incorrect - The prison population is well over half black and blacks are less than 15% of the population. They dis-proportionally commit more crime than they should.
Good thing the US has no history at all of locking up Blacks for the heinous crime of not being White.

18 Examples Of Racism In The Criminal Legal System | HuffPost

The Color of Justice: Racial and Ethnic Disparity in State Prisons | The Sentencing Project

Race in the United States criminal justice system - Wikipedia

On the Issues: Racial Justice

You get the gist of what I am saying.

I do, and still hold to the position that increasing legislation of the 'thing' not a solution.
As I noted, Vermont, effectively no firearms laws yet a vanishingly small murder rate.
Major cities with very tight gun control? Mad Max rode into town.

The average American is being affected now though, but I don't see them changing.
The Average American has never seen a gun used violently except in TV or movies and has never seen or had gun violence directed at them or anyone they know

the US Population is over 317 Million (327,240 930)

ALL Gun Murders were less than 12K (11,004 for 2016) according to the FBI

I do, and still hold to the position that increasing legislation of the 'thing' not a solution.
As I noted, Vermont, effectively no firearms laws yet a vanishingly small murder rate.
Major cities with very tight gun control? Mad Max rode into town.
I don’t think you actually do. My point is aviation has gone from a dangerous form of transportation, to the safest which is due to regulations. Aviation was the wrong analogy for you to use.....