Trump moves to ban bump stocks

When was the last spree shooting in a university/school over here? Remind me if you can?

That would be Thomas Hamilton, very well know to the local community, Scottish Legislature and Police nutter who had his license renewed over the advice of an FEO who thought he was a nutter, and had a string of firearms complaints levied against him.

Yes, strict licensing works, as long as the Police and licensing authorities actually do their job.

Other cases since Heller disagree

Assault weapons not protected by Second Amendment, federal appeals court rules

Not really, I gather the rate of fire of the Kentucky Long was nowhere near a cyclic rate of 6-700 RPM.

Ha ha.... fair one....

I once got 24 hits on a fig 12 at 100m during the 15 second exposure stage of the APWT... with a SUIT sight equipped SLR , so the time included a mag change ........ CH aka Death grip was running the range at the time and gave me a 'look' before shaking his head.

Bump stocks?....i shit 'em.

Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Exacamundo. It would require a Consitutional amendment and that’s a titanic ask.
True because re-writing the bible/sacred texts takes a bit of work.
They have managed to do it some 33 times already though so not exactly impossible.

That would be Thomas Hamilton, very well know to the local community, Scottish Legislature and Police nutter who had his license renewed over the advice of an FEO who thought he was a nutter, and had a string of firearms complaints levied against him.

Yes, strict licensing works, as long as the Police and licensing authorities actually do their job.
The question was when; the answer is 1996.

Ha ha.... fair one....

I once got 24 hits on a fig 12 at 100m during the 15 second exposure stage of the APWT... with a SUIT sight equipped SLR , so the time included a mag change ........ CH aka Death grip was running the range at the time and gave me a 'look' before shaking his head.

Bump stocks?....i shit 'em.
He taught me sniping, with the L96. Yorkie ( the Ginger Nut ) was, somehow, on the same cadre. I actually heard hism ask, "So, RSM. What do you do for a living?"

He actually replied, "I'm a Regimental Sergeant Major, Corporal Y". ^^

And it’s against US Federal law to use Federal Troops in the Continental United States against its citizens.

So good luck with you’re fantasy Of using the US Army, required by the Constitution to uphold the Constitution to deprive the citizens of their Consitutional rights.
How did we get on to this pointless sideline.

The idea is to stop people using guns NOT taking their guns off them.
You can keep your guns.
You can no longer buy or sell or make them without stringent licensing.

No problems with your "rights" and when all the nutters are in jail or dead (see my simpistic solution from earlier) then the gun problem is sorted.

The "they is gonna take us guns" is fake news and fear mongering.

True because re-writing the bible/sacred texts takes a bit of work.
They have managed to do it some 33 times already though so not exactly impossible.

Most of the amends in the first couple of years.
Not even a handful in the last 50.

The 'Sacred Scrolls' are pretty much set in stone after over 200 years.

How did we get on to this pointless sideline.

The idea is to stop people using guns NOT taking their guns off them.
You can keep your guns.
You can no longer buy or sell or make them without stringent licensing.

No problems with your "rights" and when all the nutters are in jail or dead (see my simpistic solution from earlier) then the gun problem is sorted.

The "they is gonna take us guns" is fake news and fear mongering.
And the size and financial clout of the US libertarian and firearms lobby is?

Firearms Industry Economic Impact Rises 168% since 2008 • NSSF

Big business, good luck with that.

Most of the amends in the first couple of years.
Not even a handful in the last 50.

The 'Sacred Scrolls' are pretty much set in stone after over 200 years.
Which is of course part of the problem.

And the size and financial clout of the US libertarian and firearms lobby is?
Not relevant.
If the American people ever get tired of seeing dead children then they may finally get the balls to do something about it.

So 22 years later we're still waiting for the next one. Looks like licencing works then, as do tough gun control laws. We may have a smaller population that the US, but the difference in the number of deaths is hugely disproportionate to that. Must be just coincidence then.

Not relevant.
If the American people ever get tired of seeing dead children then they may finally get the balls to do something about it.

Its all a matter of scale.

Over 40,000 people were killed on US roads last year and the trend is rapidly upwards but no ones getting overly upset about it.

So 22 years later we're still waiting for the next one. Looks like licencing works then, as do tough gun control laws. We may have a smaller population that the US, but the difference in the number of deaths is hugely disproportionate to that. Must be just coincidence then.

Firearms offences were almost unknown in Britain before licensing was introduced, and the population was heavily armed, every bit as heavily as the cousins, and frequently carried firearms out and about

There's only one way to protect ourselves - and here's the proof