Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump bans Transgender people from military

This just in:

Trump bans transgender people from the U.S. military, via Twitter

upload_2017-7-26_15-40-19.jpeg

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Donald Trump said on Wednesday he would not allow transgender individuals to serve in the U.S. military in any capacity.

"After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump wrote in a series of Twitter posts."

So much for the land of the free eh? What about freedom of the individual?

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
I don't give a **** about trans lbgtwqxyz

But trumps picks noisy and flamboyant fights

I just love the way this hugely divisive decision (and subsequent legislative bill) has been announced on twatter.

Reading that - and refusing to be outraged without checking the reasoning.

It seems its not so much about them being TG but avoiding the US military being liable for the medical costs and surgeries for those wanting to change.

In that respect I can see where hes coming from - although in the grand scheme of things would it a) be a significant amount and b) outweigh the risks that the ban prevents the next Nimitz or Patton joining

I would have thought - TGs can serve but medical costs related to that are not the responsibility of US Gov may have been a better approach - rather than out right ban, but as others have said Trump is a bit of a chimp

Brilliant, apparently there are already nearly 15,000 trans service personell in the US military

and on top of that

Obviously fake news! :)

Reading that - and refusing to be outraged without checking the reasoning.

It seems its not so much about them being TG but avoiding the US military being liable for the medical costs and surgeries for those wanting to change.

In that respect I can see where hes coming from - although in the grand scheme of things would it a) be a significant amount and b) outweigh the risks that the ban prevents the next Nimitz or Patton joining

I would have thought - TGs can serve but medical costs related to that are not the responsibility of US Gov may have been a better approach - rather than out right ban, but as others have said Trump is a bit of a chimp

According to the article current trans people can join if they've been the same gender for 6 months. This will no longer be the case after Trump's ruling.

Probably cheaper banning them than putting new bathrooms on all the ships

Brilliant, apparently there are already nearly 15,000 trans service personell in the US military

and on top of that

That's impressive - they were banned up till 2016 anyway, so they must have come flocking in to achieve 15,000 in less than a year

In a series of tweets, Mr Trump said: "After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military.

"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail."
Quite right too. I suspect Saint Mattis had a hand in correcting this prime example of Obama's left-wing lunacy.
Trump: Transgender people 'can't serve' in US military - BBC News

Caecilius

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
'Mentally ill people to be banned from doing a job with guns and classified information.'