Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trump Acquited - "Not guitly due to insufficient votes"

ches

LE
Sigh. As a young man I wanted to emigrate to the USA. I like America a great deal and it has a lot going for it.

I am not a Trump fan. I find him vacuous, narcissistic and selfish as well as rude and stupid. His attempts at foreign policy or diplomacy are like watching a 3 year old in a playground argument.

However.

The more I see of the Democrats, the more horrified I feel. The "Free Zones" in Seattle etc., the obsession with removing Trump without evidence or due process, their enthusiasm for affiliating with self proclaimed Marxists, BLM. Their screeching petulance at Republicans without a care for the integrity of their country....

It's pretty vile.

Both of the parties & their hard core members are a bunch of vile deluded idiots you couldn't squeeze a fag paper between for their myopic view of politics. Both as bad as each other.

I did watch it. I also watched the rebuttal which as the term rebuttal implies, rebutted it.
There wasn't anything that got remotely close to proving incitement of insurrection. If they had anything they wouldn't have to edit video to take it completely out of context and produce tweets that had been doctored. They were so poor that they couldn't even read. Hint, calvary, is not cavalry.
The core insurrection argument is an elitist one i.e. many people who believe in Trump, are mentally unwell and getting them overexcited, requires a visit from a nurse ratched (see one flew over the cuckoos nest), to lobotimise people back into acquiescence.

So from the other sides view, an insurrection happened and a Bloody Assizes(see: Monmouth) was needed. But that was impossible, with the modern legal profession and supreme court makeup. So impeachment lent an alternative, that allowed the state to justify a conviction with hearsay and back of a fag packet facts, convenient to deliver a conviction.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
I'm off out. I'll check back later to see if you have a single substantive piece of evidence that would convince a jury that Trump was guilty of inciting an insurrection. You'll have loads because post #167 indicates that you have.

Shouldn't you be on a QAnon website somewhere? :D

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Shouldn't you be backing up your comments. Or just the usual mouthing off with no evidence?

There was an entire trial with several days of prosecution evidence. I thought it would convince an independent jury. You thought it wouldn't. I'm not going to sit here and try to convince you.

Trump was found neither not guilty nor guilty. The process wasn't started as too few of the "Ayes" had it. The problem now is the Democrats (Pelosi) have unleaashed a monster by allowing an ex-president to be impeached. Does this mean Bush could be impeached for lying to congress over Gulf War 1? And any future Pres, after leaving office in the future, will be vulnerable to vexatious impeachment. Could be a good time to invest in a large popcorn machine. :cool:

Trump was found neither not guilty nor guilty. The process wasn't started as too few of the "Ayes" had it. The problem now is the Democrats (Pelosi) have unleaashed a monster by allowing an ex-president to be impeached. Does this mean Bush could be impeached for lying to congress over Gulf War 1? And any future Pres, after leaving office in the future, will be vulnerable to vexatious impeachment. Could be a good time to invest in a large popcorn machine. :cool:
Yes, Impeachment will now be used as a weapon and I would imagine Harris and Biden will be on the receiving end of one when the political sands shift again.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
Nope. Trump committed the offence whilst still in office, and was impeached whilst still in office.

Actually, the problem is a shite archaic system of checks and balances and...a very vindictive Nancy Pelosi.

Both of which need to be sorted out !

Then why would I waste my time trying?
You have no intention of trying. You've painted yourself into a corner. You effectively stated there's loads of evidence proving Trump incited insurrection. The only problem is you can't provide any.
But don't worry I never expected you to.
Trumps an utter prick. It doesn't mean that he should be rail roaded cheered on by Orange man bad.
If there was any real evidence they would have insisted on producing witnesses but they bottled it.
Don't forget if they can do this to a former president, what can they do to the little people.

CRmeansCeilingReached

ADC
You have no intention of trying. You've painted yourself into a corner. You effectively stated there's loads of evidence proving Trump incited insurrection. The only problem is you can't provide any.
"Can't provide any"? No, I've said that all the evidence is freely available on the internet, as presented by the House managers.

I'm not interested in re-trying the case with you, and I haven't "painted myself into a corner". I'm just not interested in wasting my own time citing evidence to some bloke on the internet, when it was carefully laid out in something like 16 hours of presentation.

Try googling "Trump impeachment house manager evidence" or something.

"Can't provide any"? No, I've said that all the evidence is freely available on the internet, as presented by the House managers.

I'm not interested in re-trying the case with you, and I haven't "painted myself into a corner". I'm just not interested in wasting my own time citing evidence to some bloke on the internet, when it was carefully laid out in something like 16 hours of presentation.

Try googling "Trump impeachment house manager evidence" or something.
I don’t need to. I watched most of it. Unlike you apparently.
Never mind. Orange man bad.

But don't worry I never expected you to.
Trumps an utter prick. It doesn't mean that he should be rail roaded cheered on by Orange man bad.
If there was any real evidence they would have insisted on producing witnesses but they bottled it.
Don't forget if they can do this to a former president, what can they do to the little people.
Trump is a threat to the Democratic and Old Guard Republican Parties. He is a populist figure that borrows tenets from both parties and combines them into something that millions agree with. So his policy was popular and after the Biden agenda really goes into effect, it will be missed. But yes in trying to crucify the man the Democrats have only opened up Pandora's Box and will be quite vulnerable to the same treatment if not worse in the future. It was an unwise move and I expect Harris will really regret it when she is impeached herself.

Pelosi should have just demanded a DOJ criminal investigation

It could have led to an actual criminal indictment and arrest and trial and possible prison time. Instead her and Schmuck Schumer decided on a retro soviet purge trial knowing it would not find him guilty

Waste of money
Waste of time

Pelosi is a drunk vindictive ****

Latest Threads