Truly alarming stuff

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Neuroleptic, Sep 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There's an old joke about England getting rid of it's undesirables. The Puritans were sent to America and the criminals to Australia. The punchline of course is that Australia got the better deal.

After seeing this last night, I think it might be true-

http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/C/can_you_believe_it/debates/doomsday.html

Even allowing for exaggeration, truly alarming stuff.

What do other people think?

2. I do actually believe that a loose grouping of such people in powerful positions exists, tinfoil aside.

3. Saw that last night - deeply disturbing. Why work to improve things on the planet when you're going to be "beamed up" to heaven in the rapture? 4/5ths of the worlds population dead - no problem, it's gods will. These people are seriously f**ked in the head!

4. You are born, you live a life, you die. It's as simple as that. I'm not well informed of religion but if superstitious, human sacrificing cave dwellers from 1000s of years ago and those doomsayers who wrote the bible many hundreds of years ago are the people we believe and follow today then we're in deep sh1t.

5. Hear hear.

Communist Russia had the right idea. Get rid of religion, it is (directly or indirectly) the cause of so many wars throughout history.

Yes, I know this is impossible and of course people will always believe what they want to, but when a small band of like minded individuals can control so much power (and they arent afraid to die) we're all in trouble.

Hang on, small band of powerful people who aren't afraid to die because they will sit at 'God's' right hand - who is the enemy again?

6. :lol: :lol: Aren't afraid to die!! I know what you are refering to PotYos. Maybe we should rephrase that last bit: Aren't afraid for their Western troops to die.............. :x

R.I.P all of them......

7. …and the answer is: Both of groups?

Shame Buddhism didn't become the main World religion. I would love to see mad fundamentalist Buddhists. :D :D :D

8. Now theres a skit in there somewhere

9. Nobody expects the Buddhist inquisition.................

Ah, my coat :oops:

10. Well, thats me fcuked then. War,famine & terror to look forward to FFS. Religion eh !!! dont you just love it !!!

LT.