Trucks 'n' trailers

I saw something yesterday which I didn't think was legal, but a friend says he's seen a number of times, so I'm seeking the gospel from the accumulated knowledge that is ARRSE.

It was a circus lorry towing a trailer, which in turn was towing a caravan.

Is this legal? I suppose it must be otherwise I'm assuming they'd have been given a pull somewhere, sometime.

Passed m test in the 70's. Does that mean I can drive a seven and a half tonner with a load or is that the max weight with load?

Vehicle gets registered as a locomotive through DVLA. As long as no load is applied to the tow eye then they can crack on.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Vehicle gets registered as a locomotive through DVLA. As long as no load is applied to the tow eye then they can crack on.

I saw some skillful gyppo reversing one of those once - couldn't believe my fcuking eyes.

Managed to reverse up to 5 3/4T Sankeys with a JCB410, over that it went a bit pearshaped...

Troy

LE
You'll find that one trailer is living accomodation only and the other for the load. I believe they can't tow two accomodation trailers or two loads.

mph1977

War Hero
also the towing vehicle can't carry a load becasue it;ls a 'road locomotive' not a lorry , but can carry tools, parts, fluids generator ....

18.65mtrs is the maximum length of a vehicle before it comes under 'abnormal load' restrictions

Posted from the ARRSE

Latest Threads