Truck parking in street Legal?

Had my mirror knocked off my car this morning by a truck who never stopped , I know roughly where the driver lives so a visit is order tonight.
My question is can you legally park a 12 tonne flat bed in a street every night? the street is is a cul de sac in a village and the truck struggles to get through hence my mirror and several neighbours have gone west.

No , its going the way of he owes me £235 for a new door mirror, chopper.

Settle tiger. Anyone would think you may have had your car knocked into by some incondsiderate truck driver causing damage and expense while someone makes a cheeky post on the internet about it.

On a serious note, did you see it happen, can you prove it was him?

http://handbaghoney.co.uk/wp-images/Handbag.jpg[img]

Settle tiger. Anyone would think you may have had your car knocked into by some incondsiderate truck driver causing damage and expense while someone makes a cheeky post on the internet about it.

On a serious note, did you see it happen, can you prove it was him?[/QUOTE]

Fortunately a neighbour witnessed it.

How on earth can you justify £235 for a new door mirror? Get real.
£235 isn't bad! Some cost more.. the amount of electronics in them nowadays is stupid. My golf was electric adjust and heated. Wouldn't have liked to have replaced that! Also some fold in which means replacement motors etc..

There is an exemption for vehicles not to display parking lights which are parked in a built-up area (with street lighting), where the speed limit is 30mph or less, and where the vehicle is facing in the direction of the traffic flow.

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations 1989

So the street I`m banging on about has not lighting , its in a village in a 30mph zone ,there fore ALL vehicles should be facing in the direction of traffic flow and anything over 3.5 tonne should have lighting as well , wonder if this means a 4.5 tonne camper?

It cant be based in a residentual street like that unless that is where the operating base is as stated in his O licence conditions. & I cant see the TC granting an operating base in a residential st like that. However.. it can be parked anywhere if it is being used " away from base" I.E if you are a long distance operator & need to park up for the night away from base. Aslong as no traffic regs are broken. What type of truck is it ? If its a recovery truck then they are pretty much exempt from everything thing. Take a look at his O licence, it should be displayed alongside his tax disc.. take the number & call your local Traffic Commisioners office.

LT

It cant be based in a residentual street like that unless that is where the operating base is as stated in his O licence conditions. & I cant see the TC granting an operating base in a residential st like that. However.. it can be parked anywhere if it is being used " away from base" I.E if you are a long distance operator & need to park up for the night away from base. Aslong as no traffic regs are broken. What type of truck is it ? If its a recovery truck then they are pretty much exempt from everything thing. Take a look at his O licence, it should be displayed alongside his tax disc.. take the number & call your local Traffic Commisioners office.

LT
Beaver tail carrying plant and machinery.

What Lone Tree said.

It is most unlikley that the Traffic Commisioner would grant an O Licence for a residential area. When the licence comes up for renewal simply right to the TC (together with a heap of photos in evidence). The licence will not be renewed until the operator can show he has a suitable "depot".

RRR

Latest Threads