Trouser Twists & Bkiusing Over Boots

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by 307, Nov 24, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 307

307 War Hero

Someone quick, tell me the correct way of using trouser twists and blousing trousers voer boots, I have recieved no info on this and it's too late to find out now as I have firsdt parade in say 2.5 hours! Help....!
  2. Trousers on, boots on, hike trousers up above boot, apply trouser twist around boot drop trouser leg over boot, tuck trouser leg under trouser twist.
    For that extra special straight effect, put 5-6" chain of suitable size inside tucked trouser leg to act as a weight.
  3. Won't that add a festive jingle jangle touch to your drill?
  4. 307

307 War Hero

Life saver!
  5. I suppose so if you don't muffle it somehow. Can't really comment further, it was something I heard from a bootneck who's turnout was always gleaming. Never bothered me enough to try it, but 307 seems to want to make an impression!
  6. unlace boots , tuck all spare trouser in , lace boots tightly ,put one twister round each wrist like a friendship bracelet. ta-daaaaaaa.easy.
  7. **** em off CS 95 has ties in to remove the need for bullshit twisters that wear out your combats
  8. 307, not wanting to sound like a duffer but are you in the army or cadets? If yes then you must have been shown on day one week one. Unless of course you're in the RAF. No point wearing twisters with shiny plastic shoes and grey Farras.
  9. msr

msr LE

Surely the question is whether to put the twister around your leg, just above the top of the boot or half way down the boot? :lol:

10. Eventually I objected to having to buy the **** things and stuck with the ties.
  11. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Style notes from an inhabitant of the city where most of the scrounging pikeys that live there are are clad entirely in polyester faux sportswear... 8O
  12. 307

307 War Hero

I'm in Ta mate, and haven't been shown a thing I rpromise you. In a mad rush getting us through pre CMS (R) weekend!
  13. What? Colchester? Don't take the username at face value VB, unlike your own which is ancient Greek for boring civvie hat :D
  14. F*ckin' trouser twists yer poof....puttees thats wot real squaddies had, none of yer new fangled nancy boy sh*te....puttees and shirts hairy....made men of yer :wink:
  15. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

You really should have been beaten harder at your prep school old boy... I mean, confusing Greek with Latin, really! :wink:

Wouldn't have happened in my day, baaaaaah! :lol:

307, you've had some good advice and some quite mischevious advice - let that be your first lesson in the army; you will be stitched up massively in your first days!

Welcome to the great world of the military, I hope that it turns out to be all that you hoped.