Trouser Elastics Why???

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
Did anyone actually *see* the possibly apocryphal staff paper that calculated the cost in money / lives of getting fuel to Bastion to provide electricity there, and the savings that would be achieved in both if ironing didn't take place?
I remember reading it. 'They' still made me iron my MTP for most of my tour!

Knee length puttees WW1 pattern are the way to go.

No spiders biting your ankle or knees either.

A bit of material must be cheaper than high top leather boots and the trousers could be supplied with a shorter leg length to save costs.

Extra long spare bandages for use in first aid and the ankle and lower leg is fully supported.

Reduced cost in providing electricity for ironing as the lower leg is covered with the puttee so no need to press a razor sharp cease in the lower leg part of the trousers.

I will be submitting this cost saving proposal to the Editor of the Soldier magazine for the April edition.

HE117

LE
Prodigy remix? Am a thread starter, twisted thread starter
<WAH>

Bottom of the page contains a "Thread Starter" of "Similar Threads"...

regrettably whatever cockeyed algorithm that drives it does not apply a date filter, hence the trap for less than alert posters (...including Moi!)

</WAH>

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
being a t
Ive recently joined the Army and I can't work out why people wear elastics or drawstrings in the bottom of there trousers. My corporal told me that it was to stop spiders crawing up your leg but civilianns don't seem to have this problem so why do we??
being a tankie this never came up nor did the matter of wearing our belts around our necks .

If you havent been in long you wont of been in a long exercise in snowy conditions. Elastics are designed to keep your legs nice and warm, firstly drink numerous pints of alcohol to warm your body up then swamp into your combats and have nice warm legs. Once the legs get cold untie the drain valve and top up as neccessary. :twisted:
Billy Connolly Walt :) :) :)

Wore garters when in combats,boots DMS/Ammo. Just looked neater,no trousers flapping round your ankles.Good for Guard Mounting as well.

Pfft, wait till you start wearing tights to keep your legs warm on stag.

UKTAP

LE
Fair point. Don't wear them then and when an NCO, Sgt Maj or the RSM grips you ask them to show you were in Regulations it says the trousers must be worn like that.

If you get any problems tell them Dingerr sent you, that should see them straight.

Whatever happens stick by your guns and don't give in to them, they are just nasty men who shout alot :twisted:
Yeah, but you've got a reasonably decent mitigating factor or not wearing twisters, other than the fact you are a stinking civvy.

Pfft, wait till you start wearing tights to keep your legs warm on stag.
Just remember to cut a 'fly' in them before you find you're bursting for a piss.:oops:

Latest Threads