Trouser creases

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by h-bomb, Nov 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello

I have just been issued my uniform and have no idea how to put creases into my jacket and trousers can anybody help me? My other problem is that I don't know how to attatch my cap badge to my beret, there is no hole to put the pin in! Sorry for being a mong atleast I know how to bull boots/shoes.
  2. there's some really good tips floating around on the forum mate, do a search and you'll come up with all the answers.
  3. Did they not show you? How jack..
  4. Your best to get some one to show you how to iron them. In some squads, may be just the one I was in, you did not get to put your cap badge on until you had passed the saluting test.
  5. this is a WAH.
  6. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Put creases in your trousers by sleeping in them.

Attach your cap badge as follows:
    - Place beret correctly on head, patch aligned over left eye
    - Hold cap badge firmly onto the patch with even pressure
    - Have a mate drive a 6 inch nail directly through badge, beret and skull.

7. total garbage, everybody knows if you press the c95s they lose their IRR.
  8. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Nice try, Wahometer needle has a right-angle in it now though :D :D
  9. msr

msr LE

10. Douglas Adams said it first.

One of the nice things about the army is that they don't generally expect you to know how to do something until they've shown you how to do it.

So what you do is this:
    Wash your kit - you don't know who used it last
    Press it flat - don't worry about putting creases in at this stage, just make it look smart.
    Polish your boots - don't worry about bulling them until you're told to.
    Don't put your badge in your beret until you're shown where it goes. If you do and get it wrong, you'll end up with a hole in the wrong place forevermore.
    Show up with your kit looking smart, and you won't go far wrong (oh, and you'll need trouser elastics and something to keep your hair in check if female, as well)- any other questions ask your DS.

11. Good advice I would follow that, I would recommend getting in some spray starch for when your read to start doing it an an iron.
  12. I have absolutely no idea what a WAH is and no I havent been shown how to do it just given my stuff. No-one said make sure it has creases and your boots are bulled next week to me, I just want to look smart and show that I am keen and have a good attitude. Thanks to everyone who has given me advice. :D
  13. Iron your kit and look smart for your next parade, but take your second set of kit along as well. Then ask the NCO's there how to iron it and follow on from what they say (hint: if driving put an iron and ironing board in the boot of your car just in case there isn't one at your TA centre).

Also, for the first week or two, you will get a bit of praise for making an effort, then after that expect lots of bollockings for not looking correct or smart enough. It's all part of the game. Enjoy it.

<insert winkey smiling thing>
  14. if your not sure how to iron do what i do and have your valet do it you should have been issued one of them to.
  15. I only have one set of kit atm. Iv been told there is another kit issue later. We just had our recruit selection weekend so Im guessing the next kit issue will be just before the first proper weekend. I catch a train and then cycle to get to TA.