Trouble in White City

It seems the usual suspects are up to their normal japes in White City:

Situation at feud estate 'quiet'

Police and Army have maintained an overnight presence at a County Down housing estate amid concerns about the loyalist feud.
The situation at the White City estate in Holywood was said to be quiet.

Police said the operation was to prevent a repeat of scenes in the Garnerville estate in east Belfast when the UVF forced LVF members to leave.

Meanwhile, the PSNI has revealed the cost of policing the feud over the last six weeks has been more than £1m.

Police have appealed for help from the public to bring it to an end.

During that time, 63 searches have been carried out, with 11 people arrested and seven charged.

As the feud continues in Holywood, police said they were in the area to "disrupt the activities of those intent on increasing fear and intimidation".

Superintendent Graham Shields said: "It is the role of the police to uphold the law and protect life and property.

"I would like to reassure the public that police are working to help bring this feud to an end.

"I would ask those with influence in local communities to do the same."
It's a truism, but the gradual decline of the IRA (and republican terrorism as most of us would understand the concept) has revealed the 'loyalist' side for what they always were - common thugs. I never ceased to be amazed by how much has, on the face of it, changed, yet the old animosities still bubble away.

The story is here.

Latest Threads