Trouble burning a Cd with window media

Bought My girls the high school musical cd. Knowing it will end scratched, sticky with sweets or lost I ripped with the intention of making a back up, and letting them have that.
All fine until it comes to burning it.
Windows Media player keeps asking for a blank CD, even though 1 is in the drive. Click on my computer and it shows the blank CD, yet every time I click burn it asks for a blank cd.
Any ideas on how to sort this?

Could it be that the original has been embedded with some sort of Performing Rights code, and therefore your Windows software will not allow you to rip it?

Arte_et_Marte said:
Could it be that the original has been embedded with some sort of Performing Rights code, and therefore your Windows software will not allow you to rip it?
Your tinfoil hat is quite lovely.

Buy Nero or Roxio. you pikey fooker.

jinxy said:
Arte_et_Marte said:
Your tinfoil hat is quite lovely.

Buy Nero or Roxio. you pikey fooker.
Who are you calling a fucking pikey you dim witted arrse?

I've got Nero and am giving advice re windows.

Get a grip.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
Is this on Vista? I've found Vista is funking awful when it comes to burning discs. The only program I could get working (including my old favourite, Nero) was DeepBurner. Tiny application, very little footprint on resources, a bit basic but generally ok, and works with no hassle on Vista.

Yes it runs on Vista.

msr