Trouble at the Muppet Show

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by fertman, Dec 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Even in a recession there are some things you shouldn't make your girlfriend do.

Tomorrow, BBC 1 Fern Britten interviews Tony B. Liar

Should be riveting, and one or two porkies too.

Right, I'll get my....who threw that????
  2. Trust that cnut to come out with some cringing "God told me to do it "excuse the mans an utter disgrace
  3. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

some of what he has to say here -

'Discussing Saddam Hussein and the decision to invade Iraq, Mr Blair was asked: "If you had known then that there were no WMDs, would you still have gone on?"

Mr Blair replied: "I would still have thought it right to remove him. I mean, obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments about the nature of the threat." '

so, your mind was made up, WMD's just made a convenient excuse eh? nice.
  4. WMD, Saddam... Regime Change.... all might be true to a degree. However B'Liar always was in awe of the American Presidential system, and was in awe of Clinton and Bush in turn. Bush, IMHO wanted to be a 'War Leader' in the same way of Roosevelt in WW2. So did B'Liar, want to be a 'War Leader'..... he was like a virgin with a fist up its 'political box'... wetting himself in the prospect. He (Teflon), in his secret way, idolised Maggie T and her exploits during the Falklands War.

Of course, all this is just my 'waffle', so its opinion and therefore not evidence. Lets hope Fern will put Teflon 'on the spot', or that he has stroked his ego so much he inadvertantly opens his gob and tells a few more 'porkies'... :roll:
  5. Oh come on, Fern Britten, thats like getting interogated by your granny, it should be somone like Paxman, this is just a recce to see how the cringing cnut stands up to some very gentle questions
  6. Probably the idea of getting rid of Hussein wasn´t a bad one;It´s just that the Yanks don´t play chess,they only look at their own actions and don´t give a thought to any possible reactions,Bush´s assumption that Iraq would become an´Instant Democracy´when Saddam fell was so naieve that he should have been put in a rubber walled room.That T.Blair followed like a puppy with a waggling tail was even worse in that he must have known that such a War would cripple Britain financially;Then the Pratt finally lost all grip on reality when he decided to send troops to Helmland,a totally un-winable escapade that might take years to resolve unless we pull out soonest even if the Afghan army refuses to take over their responsibilities.It´s their country after all.
    Any leader with so much power that says`God told me to do it´should be kicked out of office ASP,it can only end in tears.