tropical dpm

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by laytonatc, Dec 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. which is better for normal use cs95 or tropical dpms
  2. H3

H3 LE

Soldier 2000 !!!!
  3. oh not you again.

you really do just want to look like the Ally as feck SAS trooper on the eddie stone program don't you.

just wear what everybody elses does... it'll stop you looking a prick.
  4. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You forgot to mention NI Patrols or Desert Wellies as an option!
  5. Personally, I'd forget all that and go for the old faithful nuke suit.Cut out the lining, and you have a suit lighter than junglies, bigger pockets than 95's, and a nice hood for that ally look. be sure to wear the old pullover one too rather than the zip fronted for extra old school cool points.
  7. the reason im asking is not because i want to look allly or because im a walt .i will probably get a load of slagging for this but im a air cadet im asking you because you are the professionals and will give the best advice
  8. In the ATC you are supposed to wear the appropriate CS95/2000 uniform....Why?....Because it is a uniform not a tarts parade.

However if it's for field use you can wear whatever smock you want as long as it's DPM
  9. WAH. If not, why would you do this to yourself?
  10. Young Mr Layton atc chappie, if its any help, when I was in the atc a long time ago when gliders still didnt have engines, I used to wear a tropical shirt ( or belize shirt as we called them ) and tropical day glo dpm trousers. I was the dogs danglies.
  11. my unit has stopped issuing dpms for people who have been in a while thats why im asking
  12. There are professional soldiers on this site, yes. I fail to see why you would need to seek advice outside your cadets though. If you really want advice from serving soldiers, just wear what everyone else wears at your unit, same as we do at ours?
  13. thanks mate
  14. In theory yes, but my bold - 2 common mistakes made by new posters on ARRSE :)
  15. They issue gimp suits to you crab types.

Ask for one 'Layton